Website update gremlins

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

Have you tried the a hard refresh on these pages or browser cache clearing Matt suggested above?

I have done the refresh but not the browser cache. But surely it can’t be the case across my devices in one day?

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Scott roy said:

I have done the refresh but not the browser cache. But surely it can’t be the case across my devices in one day?

Due to the nature of the issue it's very possible that it would have affected multiple devices.

As a quick test you can try logging in or browsing via an incognito tab. If that works fine then the issue is browser cache.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Due to the nature of the issue it's very possible that it would have affected multiple devices.

As a quick test you can try logging in or browsing via an incognito tab. If that works fine then the issue is browser cache.

Thanks, that works

• 2 months later...

The platform is getting soooooo annoying lately, it is extremely buggy and the latest addition to my frustration is that I can't reply to any messages to ads either on the phone nor the laptop. Here's a screen recording of what's happening. Same on the laptop. 

• I get an email notifying me of a new chat
  • I open the email and click on the reply button
  • It opens the Hub and shows the history of all my chats and then doesn't allow me to open the chat which I originally wanted to reply to. 

I use Brave browser on the phone and Chrome on the laptop

22 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

The platform is getting soooooo annoying lately, it is extremely buggy and the latest addition to my frustration is that I can't reply to any messages to ads either on the phone nor the laptop. Here's a screen recording of what's happening. Same on the laptop. 

• I get an email notifying me of a new chat
  • I open the email and click on the reply button
  • It opens the Hub and shows the history of all my chats and then doesn't allow me to open the chat which I originally wanted to reply to. 

I use Brave browser on the phone and Chrome on the laptop

Apologies for the issue @RobertWhitehead

A number of others have reported a similar problem on Chat in the last week. There's an issue with some browsers hanging onto old cached files.

Pressing Ctrl + F5 to force refresh the page should resolve it (CMD + Shift + R on Mac). If that doesn't work clearing cache should do the trick.

You mention this the latest addition to your frustration. What other issues are you experiencing? Please report to us and we'll get it fixed asap!

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Apologies for the issue @RobertWhitehead

A number of others have reported a similar problem on Chat in the last week. There's an issue with some browsers hanging onto old cached files.

Pressing Ctrl + F5 to force refresh the page should resolve it (CMD + Shift + R on Mac). If that doesn't work clearing cache should do the trick.

You mention this the latest addition to your frustration. What other issues are you experiencing? Please report to us and we'll get it fixed asap!

Never mind, I realised what happend. The classifieds and the forum have 2 different messaging systems. When I copeid over the URL from chrome it worked in Safari. 

I suspect people might get mixed up, between the two like I did just now. I tried messaging someone earlier and I thought the chat disappeared. image.png.99c1c7a3de612f63a54635680914dffd.png

Edited by Armandt_R
I am perhaps an idiot

• 1 month later...

I know this may not be the right thread .. can not seem to find the one I was looking for, BUT.

The decision by Le'Hub to cut out politics or other type of threads like that is in hindsight a great move. Another site that I frequent that caters for two wheels with an engine sling between the wheels does have scope to discuss matters like this.

AND

You always tend to get certain individuals who just simply do not know how to conduct themselves on a public forum and bring a very toxic element to the site via these threads.

SO

It is lekker that we can all be lekker here.

@Matt if the above post needs to go to the correct thread, please feel free to move it or delete it from here.

3 hours ago, Hairy said:

I know this may not be the right thread .. can not seem to find the one I was looking for, BUT.

The decision by Le'Hub to cut out politics or other type of threads like that is in hindsight a great move. Another site that I frequent that caters for two wheels with an engine sling between the wheels does have scope to discuss matters like this.

AND

You always tend to get certain individuals who just simply do not know how to conduct themselves on a public forum and bring a very toxic element to the site via these threads.

SO

It is lekker that we can all be lekker here.

@Matt if the above post needs to go to the correct thread, please feel free to move it or delete it from here.

As much as I love the 4x4 forum .... this is exactly why have not posted there in years.  Still follow some topics, and sad to see how the toxic element can destroy the group.

THANKS to @Matt and his team for keeping a tight reign here :thumbup:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question: Is it possible to block or ignore somebody in the Classified section ? I.E. scroll the classifieds without seeing their adverts (the amount of which feel like spam).
Possibly a strange question, but there it is...

23 minutes ago, splat said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question: Is it possible to block or ignore somebody in the Classified section ? I.E. scroll the classifieds without seeing their adverts (the amount of which feel like spam).
Possibly a strange question, but there it is...

i felt the same way this morning, but you can filter to turn off dealers... you can filter to show private advertisers only

38 minutes ago, Meezo said:

i felt the same way this morning, but you can filter to turn off dealers... you can filter to show private advertisers only

I am being doff and cannot find that setting...

Its not all dealers. Just the one. But I might add more if there was a specific block/ignore function like there is for users in forum/chat sections.

12 minutes ago, splat said:

I am being doff and cannot find that setting...

Its not all dealers. Just the one. But I might add more if there was a specific block/ignore function like there is for users in forum/chat sections.

image.png.0805e681623f7f9b862fd4bb191617fa.png

44 minutes ago, Meezo said:

Anyone else getting notifications alerts?

Even though there's nothing unread or nothing new

Can you please share a screen shot of what alerts you're seeing? Either here, DM or help@bikehub.co.za

We released an update to the Chat functionality in Classifieds this morning that now incorporates a Chat inbox icon. It will show the count of unread messages, but that might include any old chats you never opened.

image.png

image.png.7e20d2bf6608d44fd4e74b91e2ef031e.png

ok, so i went in, and initially nothing clicked unread i had a notification from 59 weeks ago that i never read. clicked it and now its gone. so doesn't appear to be an issue except it was fine until last night or until the release mentioned.