Vittoria Barzo vs Maxxis Ardent Race

Jared Falck

I was on Ikons but due to stock issues moved to Ardent Race front and back. Im not a trail type rider. I prefer the longer marathon rides. I find the Ardent extremely efficient. Rolls beautifully and solid through loose gravely sections. They price fairly well too.

I'm not overly fond of the Barzo on the rear, very thin sidewalls and you need to run higher pressure. mines full of holes, plugs and always loses pressure & sealant evrey ride.

I see the comments about the thin sidewalls on the Barzo, what about the Cape Cobra version, is that the same or something else with thicker sidewalls and then obviously heavier?

The Cape Cobra version allegedly has more rubber in the casing buts its the same weight as the non cape cobra branded version for the same 3G+ compound. I think the Cape Cobra is nothing more than a way if identifying a official import vs a grey import tyre.

Why is everyone so concerned with a couple of grams in extra weight?

Carrying a little more weight far outweighs the issues with constant flats and having to stop and plug or put in a tube. 

3 hours ago, dseenya said:

I'm not overly fond of the Barzo on the rear, very thin sidewalls and you need to run higher pressure. mines full of holes, plugs and always loses pressure & sealant evrey ride.

Pretty much my experience, and have caught pinch cuts on pretty inane stuff. Also not great with loose over hard.
They roll and track well though.

5 hours ago, dseenya said:

Explains why I need to inflate mine to minimum 2 bar (for a 70kg rider) to not get that sliding around feeling, with the Maxxis I could comfortably go down to 1.3 bar.