Buffelsdrift Trailseeker

Mountain Bru

How'd you find the ride? 

Nearly all the climbing came at the end which made it tough. And the descents were rocky, so no let off. 

I really enjoyed it. 

What a great race. Second half of the marathon was brutal. Many started too fast (including me). Saw a few nasty crashes, those descends were nice and technical????????

i was overdressed, should have left the base layer and arm warmers...

Great event????????

Great event. Well organisation.

The descents were technical and some of the climbs were brutal and long...but great overall!

Had a really lekker ride. 

Difficult one to pace though. Didn't wanna overcook the first 35km, but also wanted to pass a load of guys before things went uphill. And then didn't want to overcook the climbs but had decent legs.  

Ja really enjoyed it. Was my first Marathon level race (longest up to now has been 50k) so took it easy early on to save the legs for the second half.

Struggled on the last 2 climbs but managed to get up them all without having to walk.

Really enjoyed the technical sections (much more fun than the half marathon races). 

Now for the Monster in 2 weeks

15 hours ago, JCA12 said:

Ja really enjoyed it. Was my first Marathon level race (longest up to now has been 50k) so took it easy early on to save the legs for the second half.

Struggled on the last 2 climbs but managed to get up them all without having to walk.

Really enjoyed the technical sections (much more fun than the half marathon races). 

Now for the Monster in 2 weeks

If you enjoyed buffels, then MM will suit you .No easy first half with them monster though

• 11 months later...

Hopefully we can revive this thread, I am doing the half marathon (40km) this Saturday.
Anyone ridden buffelsdrift lately? Course conditions? 
Trying to predict whether I am going to puncture badly haha