Yeah those tyres are fine. Rubber is just aging hence the cracks

Thought same thing, odd how specialized actually replaced under warranty 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MajG said:

I'm impressed on how well u looks after your knobs after 1.5yrs lol.

Look brand new

In other tyre concerns, when is small cracks on sidewalks....safe still?

1st pic.freewheel cycology just did a warranty replacement  on these wheels for those cracks for 6month old tyres as they deemed it not safe.

2nd pic. Looking at my maxxis that's 7month old has these cracks...are they safe?

Screenshot_20211031-153608_Gallery_compress37.jpg

Screenshot_20211031-153524_Gallery_compress57.jpg

Thats why i dont ride maxxis tyres. My knobs crack after a few rides, and a few more some of them start removing themselves.

58 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Thats why i dont ride maxxis tyres. My knobs crack after a few rides, and a few more some of them start removing themselves.

Maybe I'm too passive of a rider, but the side knobs seem to  be doing okayish 

Besides little chipping away which is normal,  knob breaking clean off....not ayoba

I had bad luck with Conti's, think they were X-kings. Landed sideways off a jump and the tyre deformed out of shape. Thought I'd buckled my rim, but it was just the tire.

They had less than 100km on at the time.

Got Michelin Wildgrip now with about 800km and the back tire is stuffed. Knobs about to break off etc.

Just an afterthought. On my Race Kings I have noticed that as the sidewall fabric becomes more visible, the sidewall also seems to become more flexible (a bit softer). I theorise that the rolling resistance may also there become lower but am not ceratin.

1 hour ago, MudLark said:

Just an afterthought. On my Race Kings I have noticed that as the sidewall fabric becomes more visible, the sidewall also seems to become more flexible (a bit softer). I theorise that the rolling resistance may also there become lower but am not ceratin.

Possibly, but the sidewalls will also need a bit more support from sir pressure which will also reduce rolling resistance