Are Holdfast bike carriers good value?

Jaz

I need to get a 4 bike carrier that fits on a towbar. 

I see Holdfast is slightly cheaper than Thule. Would anyone recommend them, or should I stay away?

Never had a problem with Holdfast. Venter Trailer also the agents for them and sell the products with their trailers.

Used their hang on bike carrier, brackets and towbar extender.

Find it a good solid product.

For R800, go with Thule....

When you need the odd spare Thule will stock it.

And when you want to sell it the Thule brand gets a premium.

PS - try your luck with CWC .... they are running a special where you can ask for a discount on a particular item, via a direct message to them.  Though they most likely will try to punt their marvell brand ....

I can't knock Holdfast at all. 

Last year I needed a rubber for my roofracks and I went directly to them in Wetton and got helped immediately. 

I'll definitely buy another Holdfast product. 

Holdfast for the win!  Best value for your money.  Been using mine for years and it has done many a mile.  No problems.....just buy it!

Another recent entry to the local carrier market is Peruzz, made in and exported from Italy. 
Pricing is pretty spot on and the quality/design is appreciably up there with the likes of the Swedes. The distributor ended up clearing all the stock to retailers and have had to put in another order. 

*disclaimer, am doing some baseline work with the local guys.