Frame protection and wrap kits

GRG

1 hour ago, Steady Spin said:

Sitting with a kit from Armour Ride waiting to go onto a very very special frame that is somewhere on a plane from the UK. 

Hope the application process isn't a ball ache like the service from them. 

Is there perhaps a local installer in Midrand / Centurion that will do this or do I take the gamble and do it myself? 

I also bought a basic version of theirs from Cycle Lab that I guess I could practice with on my frame before attempting the install on the lady's frame. 

I helped my friend fit a full frame kit sometime last week. What a mission. Not all of the cutouts are pressed out cleanly, so we had the film folding onto itself as it got stuck when taking it off the paper and thus kinda ruining the look. Then some sheets had the excess film removed and others didnt. Other than that, it went on ok. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

I helped my friend fit a full frame kit sometime last week. What a mission. Not all of the cutouts are pressed out cleanly, so we had the film folding onto itself as it got stuck when taking it off the paper and thus kinda ruining the look. Then some sheets had the excess film removed and others didnt. Other than that, it went on ok. 

I opened the package to inspect and it looks like they cut this in-house with a blunt blade. The quality of the film is also suspect to me. 

Hoping it turns out ok. I really don't want to apply this again once the bike is built. 

On 3/17/2022 at 9:29 PM, Eddy Gordo said:

Bikeshield goes on easy with soapy water. It is a decent thickness as well. Thicker than some of the local stuff.

nope...I tried with soapy water and wasted a piece...it does not stick with soapy water and the Bikeshield instructions say it must be applied dry...

I just finished on my Epic Evo and it's looking good...let's see how it lasts..

• 9 months later...

really happy with Bikeshield...been about 8 months now and 3000km and it looks the same as the day I put it on...no bubbles or lifting of any kind...highly recommended

2 hours ago, Dicky DQ said:

And what about the weight implications, or is weight not a thing any more?

At least 2kg extra weight.

Then again I would just scrape all the paint off my frame to begin with. Save even more weight. 

33 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Then again I would just scrape all the paint off my frame to begin with. Save even more weight. 

Guys did in the past the even removed the lacquer, hence my question.

3 hours ago, guidodg said:

really happy with Bikeshield...been about 8 months now and 3000km and it looks the same as the day I put it on...no bubbles or lifting of any kind...highly recommended

Bikeshield is the best locally. Otherwise invisiframe. Only other one I would consider is AMS.

• 3 months later...
On 12/30/2022 at 12:25 PM, Steady Spin said:

Really??? 2kg? Might as well then buy an older, decent, unwrapped frame that you arent too worried about getting damaged, which will probably be lighter overall...

1 hour ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Can everyone suggesting someone also add a pic of before and after if its not too much trouble 😊

Or just after. Mate wants to wrap this, will it void warranty if new @Titan Racing Bikes? Unless there is another color available. 

044A5B05-E12A-4015-BCED-2842AF9CDA98.jpeg

Nice colour… makes me wanna have a honey and mustard chicken sandwich right now…😋

Armoured ride full custom wrap only thing the black part at the bottom bracket is starting to peel but they said I should just take it back and they sort it out.

The rest you really need to look closely to see where it ends and the next part starts. 

20230113_191250.jpg

20230113_192246.jpg

20230113_191934.jpg

Edited by Me rida my bicycle