Number on a fork

Eugene

All wrong. It's a model designation for Fox forks, which is linked to stanchion diameter for their fork models. If it indicated stanchion diameter only then everything from a Pike to a Boxxer would be a Rockshox 35

Edited by thebob

57 minutes ago, thebob said:

All wrong. It's a model designation for Fox forks, which is linked to stanchion diameter for their fork models. If it indicated stanchion diameter only then everything from a Pike to a Boxxer would be a Rockshox 35

You right, didn't specifically mention it but Fox was implied ... 

Outright numbers imply Fox or Ohlins 

Only rockshox forks i know that include number in their names are the sid/reba/recon 35's 

Manitou Magnum Comp 34 

34mm Stanchions for 27+/29 wheel size but in this instance I believe it is to distinguish it from the original Manitou Magnum that was a 26" fork.

17 hours ago, BikeGenie said:

It denotes the barometric pressure needed to engage full travel necessary while engaged in a low compression setup while only using 3 clicks for rampage towards vector. That’s if you’ve cleaned your seals regularly. 

Had you been dopping before you typed this nonsense? 

19 hours ago, BikeGenie said:

It denotes the barometric pressure needed to engage full travel necessary while engaged in a low compression setup while only using 3 clicks for rampage towards vector. That’s if you’ve cleaned your seals regularly. 

And if you haven't cleaned your seals recently, you need to give them a vis or two. Like a mackerel, sardine or snoek. Other vis aren't oily enough. 

1 hour ago, Captain Fastbastard Mayhem said:

And if you haven't cleaned your seals recently, you need to give them a vis or two. Like a mackerel, sardine or snoek. Other vis aren't oily enough. 

Seals need their daily dose of salmonella, they can’t go clubbing without it. 

2 hours ago, Captain Fastbastard Mayhem said:

Yeah. Can't keep them away from their favourite doof doof. 

He lives, happy new year Captain!