Specialized Epic Evo 2021 (Base Model)

Peter Guest

1 hour ago, ACE Cycles said:

It used to have a dropper with a 130mm fork, but now I'm running 100mm

Hey Boet , does the 100mm fork not take it back closer to racer epic than trail  Evo ?

29 minutes ago, Milosh said:

Hey Boet , does the 100mm fork not take it back closer to racer epic than trail  Evo ?

Correct, it makes the geometry identical to a standard epic. I preferred the Evo as I'm not a huge fan of the brain suspension 

2021 Epic evo comp with Slx and roval sl wheels and carbon bar. No pedals but cage & tool. 11.30kg 

It feels lighter when moving it around the garage. I tested the brain version and didn’t enjoy it ,hoping this bike hits the sweet spot. Feels like a trail bike when sitting on it . 

ECECD10B-DBBF-430D-A81A-CED89FBD54E2.jpeg

91E27A80-CEEA-43BC-8790-1B4D11F95B16.jpeg

Edited by Pikey

10 minutes ago, Pikey said:

2021 Epic evo comp with Slx and roval sl wheels and carbon bar. No pedals but cage & tool. 11.30kg 

It feels lighter when moving it around the garage. I tested the brain version and didn’t enjoy it ,hoping this bike hits the sweet spot. Feels like a trail bike when sitting on it . 

Very nice, you're finally one of the 'cool kids' 😎

Is that your wife's bike in the background?

18 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Very nice, you're finally one of the 'cool kids' 😎

Is that your wife's bike in the background?

I’ll never be one of the cool kids mate,kid yes ,cool not. Yes, I just keep it safe her for and make sure it works perfectly 😁

Edited by Pikey

On 1/7/2022 at 6:42 PM, Pikey said:

Looks awesome man!  Nice weight as well!  

On other forums a Medium Base model is around 12.7kg. Large should be bang on 13kg. To get it light is not difficult at all

10 minutes ago, figjam_sa said:

On other forums a Medium Base model is around 12.7kg. Large should be bang on 13kg. To get it light is not difficult at all

Thank you!

Peter, phone some dealers and ask for stock in your size. A few offers some discount as well if you ask. The Comp definitely offers better "value" if you can up your budget. 

On 1/7/2022 at 4:04 PM, ACE Cycles said:

Correct, it makes the geometry identical to a standard epic. I preferred the Evo as I'm not a huge fan of the brain suspension 

I am the opposite, went from Camber to Epic evo for Brain 😉 

3 hours ago, Milosh said:

I am the opposite, went from Camber to Epic evo for Brain 😉 

Different strokes 😁