Specialized Epic Evo 2021 (Base Model)

Peter Guest

Depends on the model and build kit and heavily dependent on tyres.

But not a lot. Not nearly enough to be concerned with the mass.

But it looks like the base model Comp is around 12.2kg.

Edited by Thermophage

had the Epic Evo Expert 2021 size large on demo last week...11,5kgs without pedals...2022 should be a touch lighter since the Rovals are 200gr less

1 hour ago, Thermophage said:

Depends on the model and build kit and heavily dependent on tyres.

But not a lot. Not nearly enough to be concerned with the mass.

But it looks like the base model Comp is around 12.2kg.

Thanks for the info.  Im looking at getting the base model, below the Comp, but I see there is not much difference between the 2 models, and with carbon wheels and few upgrades over time it should bring down the weight nicely.

1 hour ago, guidodg said:

had the Epic Evo Expert 2021 size large on demo last week...11,5kgs without pedals...2022 should be a touch lighter since the Rovals are 200gr less

Thanks. Yeah the Expert seems pretty light. I'm interested in the Epic Evo base model.

I wouldn't say so for a base spec bike. The components will be a lot heavier than the higher end models, whilst the frame is the same, which is why it is cheaper. For example the fork is probably 800 grams heavier than a SID and the cassette 300 grams more than an XT version. 1.1kg right there,. The nice thing is you'll feel big changes when you upgrade it. For example a set of carbon wheels

Edited by thebob

56 minutes ago, Peter Guest said:

Thanks for the info.  Im looking at getting the base model, below the Comp, but I see there is not much difference between the 2 models, and with carbon wheels and few upgrades over time it should bring down the weight nicely.

I bought the Epic Evo Comp and moved my Enve Wheels, Cockpit and AXS Groupset across 

14.5kg  for XL  aluminum  ready to ride , add garmin,  water and go 

NX 1x12 , plenty sealant , Pedals , oversize grips ,Sahmurai Sword ,  garmin mount , z-cages , swat box with tube, tools and co2 adaptor  , chain break and multitool in headset 

@ 115kg myself the bike is fine 😉 .

Edit : this is 2020 version with minibrain 

Edited by Milosh

15 minutes ago, ACE Cycles said:

Sorry for the non drive side pic, all I have on this phone currently 

IMG_20211029_065242.jpg

Very nice looks sick!

53 minutes ago, Peter Guest said:

Thanks!  Thats pretty heavy :)

14, 13 or 12 kg there is not much difference

How many water bottles, sealant in the tyres, spare parts / tools or extra cm around the waist do you carry?

Sometimes these threads are so funnnnny 🤣

31 minutes ago, thebob said:

I wouldn't say so for a base spec bike. The components will be a lot heavier than the higher end models, whilst the frame is the same, which is why it is cheaper. For example the fork is probably 800 grams heavier than a SID and the cassette 300 grams more than an XT version. 1.1kg right there,. The nice thing is you'll feel big changes when you upgrade it. For example a set of carbon wheels

Agreed,  I have carbon rims and handle bar to put on it, so would bring it down a little bit.  Will need to plan the next upgrades from there :)