The Mouthful event that doesn't take place in the Tankwa Karoo (* MMAS Tankwa Trek PBB) ;-)

tinmug

59 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

This is how I "watched" the Epic last year. 30 min episodes are more than enough to get the just of what happened in the day. 

I HOPE they do this again.  This was my first time following the Epic from start to finish.  Really enjoyed it.

Not sure if the budget for this little karoo race has the scope to do anything close to the Epic.

That sort of coverage costs serious moola. 

If they try to launch it on a teeny tiny budget the backlash is 'Such amateurish coverage - was it filmed on an iphone4?' etc etc......

The Epic throws massive money at that and has been developing the camera/ebike marriage for a while. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the production budget for Epic is bigger than the whole budget for the Biogen momentum bio-hazard fedhealth tankwa karoo dash

20 hours ago, Stevovo said:

I can also not find any updates on whats happening. Just great for all the sponsors, hey? Its the year 2022, we struggle to get away from social media, profesional cyclists struggle to get sponsored but still I cant get my fix of the big hitters in real time....haibo! Gonna spend less on bikes this month thats for sure🤣(sorry scott, you have wasted your money sending Nino to this long named race)

Scott sent Nino over to compete at The Absa Cape Epic Untamed Africa The Race The Measures All

Edited by sirmoun10goat

22 hours ago, 117 said:

offtopic, but its the norm/trend at the moment... 

This from a discussion on facebook regarding a rescue that happened between a rider and a canoeist (PS: Well done that rider!) at the recent drak descent held last weekend. I can assure you he didnt mouth that off to his riding partner before entering the river to help the young chap... 

[snip]... was riding in the Euro Steel Drak Descent in partnership with FNB with his partner ....., who is a seasoned paddler himself and a regular sweep at the MyLife Dusi Canoe Marathon, spotted a paddler taking part in the N3TC - N3 Toll Concession Pty Ltd Drak Challenge canoe marathon in partnership with FNB in distress in the middle of the rapid [unsnip] 

Anyway, back to the *MMAS Tankwa Trek PBB topic

I see your N3 Toll Concession what what and raise you a Six Gun Grill Newlands Cricket Stadium. I kid you not.

Apologies for the (sort of) off topic)