Rain every weekend since Fast One

OVERDRIVE

Prepped for a ride this morning and raining again. Yes I know rain jackets etc but visibility on trails is poor in this weather. 

Miffed. 

I share the frustration. 

Due to work hours I can’t get to the trails during the week so I’m stuck on the hamster wheel while we have fantastic weather 

Then comes the weekend and it all turns to muck. 

I have an explanation as to exactly why this is happening. 

“As of 2021 there is no ruling Rain Queen, as the previous Rain Queen died on 12 June 2005. A new Rain Queen was expected to be crowned once she turned 18, but Prince Lekukela is now expected to become the first Rain King in more than 200 years in October 2022.“

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_Queen

Obviously this is leaving us as cyclists in a pretty messy predicament as precisely who to address the rain timing issue with. 

1 minute ago, Sitting@89 said:

“As of 2021 there is no ruling Rain Queen, as the previous Rain Queen died on 12 June 2005. A new Rain Queen was expected to be crowned once she turned 18, but Prince Lekukela is now expected to become the first Rain King in more than 200 years in October 2022.“

Obviously this is leaving us as cyclists in a pretty messy predicament as precisely who to address the rain timing issue with. 

At least it brings good  bussiness to the lbs

2 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

#indoor trainer 😜

I hate the indoor trainer.  Maybe this afternoon is clear for a road only session otherwise I'm going to hit the gym rather.

4 hours ago, TheoG said:

I hate the indoor trainer.  Maybe this afternoon is clear for a road only session otherwise I'm going to hit the gym rather.

Please dont laugh. The indoor trainer gives me PTSD from lockdown. Everytime I'm on it i remember being stuck on the patio and arguing with security on why I go to Spar too often. 

So, I took the bike, went out, and chose the driest trail i know-the cradle. Happy with myself, a bit of sun out and well see nothern farm tomorrow 😁

3 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Please dont laugh. The indoor trainer gives me PTSD from lockdown. Everytime I'm on it i remember being stuck on the patio and arguing with security on why I go to Spar too often. 

So, I took the bike, went out, and chose the driest trail i know-the cradle. Happy with myself, a bit of sun out and well see nothern farm tomorrow 😁

On a scale of 1 to “i cant believe i have to wash my damn bike again” how dry is the cradle? 

I’ll cry through my bottom half if I have to sit on that trainer. 

Edited by Steady Spin

Well. Compared to Takaro and Northern Farm, I think its relatively dry. You will have to wash the bike because of the puddles and standing water, but nothing really major. I would say five? 

Actually if my other half didnt use the trainer I'd sell it. the other weekend it was raining and I tried and I felt like I was being hunted in Hard Target 

Hard Target (1993)

5 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Well. Compared to Takaro and Northern Farm, I think its relatively dry. You will have to wash the bike because of the puddles and standing water, but nothing really major. I would say five? 

Actually if my other half didnt use the trainer I'd sell it. the other weekend it was raining and I tried and I felt like I was being hunted in Hard Target 

Hard Target (1993)

As long as I don’t have to ploeg through mud and submerge my drivetrain I’m happy. 

4 hours ago, Sitting@89 said:

I want to say something so badly but different belief systems it always goes ugly 

The process of applying for jobs as explained by GIFS. | by Catherine Grace  | Medium

An indoor session beats no session. Did my normal coffee ride route indoors today.
As I was done, I could see parts of the road were drying out. 

• Rain 1 Club ride 0
  • Indoors 1 Club ride 0

DDFF1FD2-1609-4412-929B-E370DB7F4A4C.jpeg.4a858b15014df92cec4787635e553869.jpeg

Edit: not my photo, just a visual reminder for one day when it’s dry and we a crying for rain.

Edited by Frosty

13 minutes ago, Frosty said:

An indoor session beats no session. Did my normal coffee ride route indoors today.

• Rain 1 Club ride 0
  • Indoors 1 Club ride 0

Edit: not my photo, just a visual reminder for one day when it’s dry and we a crying for rain.

Jip.  I do everything possible to rather ride outdoors.  Yet every so often life happens .... I then start up the trainer and am glad that I have options to stay active.

35 minutes ago, Frosty said:

• Rain 1 Club ride 0
  • Indoors 1 Club ride 0

just a visual reminder for one day when it’s dry and we a crying for rain. 😭

10 minutes ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

Does anybody know of a good site to check the amount of rain that's fallen in the last while? Would love to see some numbers on this last month. 

I asked the WeatherSA team, many years ago, if they had daily recorded data, i.e. T°C, rainfall, wind direction, pressure, etc. Obviously recorded at specific times of the day for some, and then rainfall for 24 hours as a time measured. They said not yet, but plan to do it… they have a rainfall chart, showing 1st 10, middle 10 and last 10 days of the month, monthly and seasonal.

I haven’t found anything else.

https://www.weathersa.co.za/home/historicalrain

Edited by Frosty