Oakley replacement lenses

Pieter1

Hi everyone. 
I have various models of Oakleys that need new lenses. Where in SA is the best place to order some replacements?

10 minutes ago, Pieter1 said:

Hi everyone. 
I have various models of Oakleys that need new lenses. Where in SA is the best place to order some replacements?

genuine or non-genuine

revureplacementlenses.co.za

12 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

genuine or non-genuine

revureplacementlenses.co.za

Awesome! Thank you. 

4 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

I just ordered a set of lenses from these guys. I'll report back on the outcome.

Following with interest, I've ordered from Revant before but not happy with the lenses. For me the difference is noticeable enough: the polarisation is not on par with the genuine article and the fit of the lenses are also not as snug as the genuine article - these were for my Racing Jackets/Jawbones. The polarised lenses make me feel like im riding a wave and it messes with my eyes i.t.o. adapting to the colouring and depth, its like my eyes arent on the same page or something. I don't have this issue with the genuine Oakley polarised lenses.

so i'm keen to see how you go...

Edited by gemmerbal

3 hours ago, gemmerbal said:

these were for my Racing Jackets/Jawbones. 

Ok I've got Jawbones so it will be a good test.

Interestingly I can't ride with the Oakley Przm lense. Especially on the mountain bike. I keep seeing weird little anomalies that i find distract me. It's hard to explain but the blades of grass will change color for example. And I find that incredibly distracting.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

6 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Interestingly I can't ride with the Oakley Przm lense. Especially on the mountain bike. I keep seeing weird little anomalies that i find distract me. It's hard to explain but the blades of grass will change color for example. And I find that incredibly distracting.

Stop smoking mushrooms before your ride….😉

Used Revu before on my old sliver F frame. Bought three sets with different tints etc. I was very chuffed and still have all the lenses to alternate between days. 

5 hours ago, gemmerbal said:

Following with interest, I've ordered from Revant before but not happy with the lenses. For me the difference is noticeable enough: the polarisation is not on par with the genuine article and the fit of the lenses are also not as snug as the genuine article - these were for my Racing Jackets/Jawbones. The polarised lenses make me feel like im riding a wave and it messes with my eyes i.t.o. adapting to the colouring and depth, its like my eyes arent on the same page or something. I don't have this issue with the genuine Oakley polarised lenses.

so i'm keen to see how you go...

I did have a similar experience with one set of the lenses. 
the rest have been fine.

The polarised photochromic lenses have been the best thus far but yes the fit is not as snug as the original lenses

however when genuine lenses cost nearly as much as a new pair of glasses I can live with the slightly more flimsy fit to provide life extension to my old frames. At R500 I can’t fault them.

ps revantoptics.com and Revureplacementlenses.co.za are not the same company

Edited by DieselnDust

5 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

I dont cycle with the polarised lenses, these were just my normal everyday sunnies. 

5 hours ago, StofStompie said:

Stop smoking mushrooms before your ride….😉

One is not supposed to smoke the shrooms anyway… 🤣😉

11 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

I dont cycle with the polarised lenses, these were just my normal everyday sunnies. 

What do you ride with?

For me honestly I prefer riding with those yellow lenses. I have a pair for my Jawbreakers and for me they are the best riding lens. They take in a huge amount of light which I love for that sort of mottled shade on the mountain bike and in low light and raining conditions on the roadie they are amazing.

3 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

What do you ride with?

For me honestly I prefer riding with those yellow lenses. I have a pair for my Jawbreakers and for me they are the best riding lens. They take in a huge amount of light which I love for that sort of mottled shade on the mountain bike and in low light and raining conditions on the roadie they are amazing.

I have 2 pairs of Radar EV's and 2 pairs of Racing Jackets. EV's have one with the prizm road lens and the other with the photochromic lens. I alternate between these depending on the conditions, but the Prizm lens has been working overtime this summer. I find the photochromic lens works lekker for winter, specially for early morning rides when you set off in the dark and the wind chill is trying to freeze your eyeballs.

I had VR28 Blue lenses in the one pair of Racing Jackets that I used to use for riding and golfing, but those are now completely trashed. The second pair of Racing Jackets had OEM Polarized Positive Red Iridium lenses, the best lens for everyday use I have ever experienced. Then I had spare clear as well as persimmon lenses for the RJ's for winter or night riding - all vented.

I still love the Racing Jackets with the vented lens, but ja, getting replacements is a real p.i.t.a. Even on Ebay guys are selling these sunnies for close to 4000 randelas which is just silly.