Impossible to find SRAM DUB BB tool

Steady Spin

21 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Clearly my googlefu sucks

Cape Multi is the same ballache to order from as Bike Addict. Waiting for a "quote"

Need one urgently though so ordering through a LBS isn't great.

Most bleak to find out Cape Multi is yet another drop shipper who show stuff in stock when it's not.

One more off the list then. Although at least to their credit they got back to me pretty quickly.

1 minute ago, droo said:

Most bleak to find out Cape Multi is yet another drop shipper who show stuff in stock when it's not.

One more off the list then. Although at least to their credit they got back to me pretty quickly.

Received their email this morning to notify me they are also out of stock.

1 minute ago, Steady Spin said:

Received their email this morning to notify me they are also out of stock.

They never had stock, they'd just have ordered from the Park agents. Same with the weird part I was looking for.

They have now updated their page to show out of stock though, so I'll give them another 1/2 a point for effort.

Having a big issue with East City Cycles as well. Ordered based on stock status showing "in stock" and paid for overnight delivery. 

This was 24 hours ago and in theory should have been delivered today. I'm still waiting for the warehouse to phone me and tell me they are out of stock. I shudder to think how long I'm going to wait for my refund.

19 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Having a big issue with East City Cycles as well. Ordered based on stock status showing "in stock" and paid for overnight delivery. 

This was 24 hours ago and in theory should have been delivered today. I'm still waiting for the warehouse to phone me and tell me they are out of stock. I shudder to think how long I'm going to wait for my refund.

Why wait? Just call. Or even the live chat as mentioned. They are usually very helpful. It will take as much time as posting here. Either way I think you are cutting it close for wednesday 👀

1 minute ago, MORNE said:

Why wait? Just call. Or even the live chat as mentioned. They are usually very helpful. It will take as much time as posting here. Either way I think you are cutting it close for wednesday 👀

2 calls, endless attempts on the live chat and promises made that they will call me.

You would think after paying extra for overnight shipping they would have been on top of the order. 

Should I call every single online store before placing an order to confirm stock? That is not how ecommerce should work.  

Frame shipped out this morning. A friend managed to help me last night. 

3 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Should I call every single online store before placing an order to confirm stock? That is not how ecommerce should work.  

Frame shipped out this morning. A friend managed to help me last night. 

As mentioned by others already, in the age of 'dropshipping'...unfortunately yes. And it's not just cycling stores. They all do it.  

sounds like you got it sorted in the end though. 

38 minutes ago, MORNE said:

As mentioned by others already, in the age of 'dropshipping'...unfortunately yes. And it's not just cycling stores. They all do it.  

sounds like you got it sorted in the end though. 

Ended up chatting to Biket.co.za as well. One store that doesn’t drop ship. They had stock and it is on its way to me. 

As for the “they all do it” i’ll have to disagree there. We can leave it at that.