Impossible to find SRAM DUB BB tool

Steady Spin

I understand stock shortages but why on earth is it so difficult to find this tool? 

I need the Park Tool BBT-79 but I can't find one anywhere. 

Some help or tips would be great

Alternatively if I can come to someone and quickly remove and install onto a new frame. 30 minutes of your time would be great!

Clearly my googlefu sucks

Cape Multi is the same ballache to order from as Bike Addict. Waiting for a "quote"

Need one urgently though so ordering through a LBS isn't great.

8 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Cape Multi is the same ballache to order from as Bike Addict. Waiting for a "quote"

call east city cycles. or chat on website....they are pretty quick to confirm stock. 

if it doesnt have to be parktool, the Icetool m097 is the same thing aparently. 12 notch 

For FSA BB386Evo, Hawk Racing BB3086, RaceFace Cinch, Rotor BSA30, Zipp Vuma and other external bottom bracket systems. Hardened CrMo steel. Use with 1/2" driver. Also fits SRAM DUB.

it.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

7 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

go old school and pick up the phone - call them 😁

31 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Distro is out of stock, so unless someone has one on the shelf you're out of luck.

OP - Olympic Cycles usually has every bike part or tool known to man in their shop. Give them a shout.

East City showed stock online.

Called them and guess what.... no stock. This after placing my order.  

I really don't enjoy online shopping in this industry.  

Edited by Steady Spin

Take the bike to Trailwolf. They built up my bike with a threaded DUB BB and have all the tools

6 minutes ago, thebob said:

Take the bike to Trailwolf. They built up my bike with a threaded DUB BB and have all the tools

Problem is I need to ship the old frame off on Wednesday latest and no shop can help me without booking it in. Earliest appointment I can get is Thursday. 

8 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Problem is I need to ship the old frame off on Wednesday latest and no shop can help me without booking it in. Earliest appointment I can get is Thursday. 

wow this is a bit K@k - no one can take off and re install tomorrow - I understand bike shops get busy  - it's for this reason I buy my smalls from my LBS and support them when the prices are close enough - they would at least lend me the tool and let me do it in the back 

must be a kind GP hubber who can help

35 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

wow this is a bit K@k - no one can take off and re install tomorrow - I understand bike shops get busy  - it's for this reason I buy my smalls from my LBS and support them when the prices are close enough - they would at least lend me the tool and let me do it in the back 

must be a kind GP hubber who can help

Managed to find a good Samaritan that can help me after work today.

Which means the LBS only needs to replace hoses and bleed the brakes on Friday. 

yea I must say, ive walked into lbs down here every time I build/sell a bike and asked to press/remove a BB or headset, and i've NEVER been turned down when asking nicely.  I mean a BB is literally a 2 min job. It takes longer to fasten the frame to the bike stand lol. Even CWC helped me out once....and they are the proverbial devil these days haha. Blacksheep at Hoogekraal has hooked me up once, Knipe has hooked me up once, BMC another time, Evo Bikes too - (yes they have a workshop). local support gets you favs☺️