Enduro or all mountain bike?

MTBRIDER1234

Howzit all, I have been debating whether to get an enduro bike (160 rear and 170mm front - or thereabouts) or an all-mountain bike (140 rear and 150/160mm front). This will be my first full sus, as I am coming from a 140mm aggressive hardtail. As for where I ride, Tokai twice a week (both DH line and the xc trails) and the occasional trip to hellsend. I am all about having the maximum fun, and I am pushing my hardtail to the limits where it gets very sketchy and almost takes some of the fun out of riding - for me at least. I am unsure which one will suit me, and my riding style, better. 

Thanks guys!

am likely going to build up a pyga slakline in the near future... watch the post your pyga forum in the coming months 👀

5 minutes ago, Chrisfox said:

Speak to dirt nerds 

he does awesome builds 064 531 3369

Thanks bru, will drop him a whatsapp

• 4 months later...

Enduro bikes are nuts. Its super fun to throw yourself down a trail flat out.

That being said - they are not trail bikes when it comes to climbing. I hate it when I go ride with mates on 130mm sparks and I'm dying while they're chatting. BUT, on the downhills I have so much more fun.

SO if you do shuttles mostly - the more travel, the merrier, if you have to pedal yourself, make sure that the bike can pedal also. 160/170 bikes that can pedal like trailbikes are unicorns.  

My take on this, I bought myself a Slakline last year, and it is amazing, descends like a beast, has saved me from a few hairy moments were I tried things above my skill level etc. It is an amazing bike, however, I recently dropped the fork from 170mm to 150mm, and the rear from 160mm to 140mm, so essentially a Hyrax, I couldnt be happier, it climbs a lot better, and honestly, on the downs, I haven't missed the extra travel, in fact I have beaten all my Strava PB's with the shorter travel, it just works better for me and where I get to ride most of the time, if I was in WC/KZN/MP though, then maybe it would be a different story.....

Edited by Chadvdw67

4 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

My take on this, I bought myself a Slakline last year, and it is amazing, descends like a beast, has saved me from a few hairy moments were I tried things above my skill level etc. It is an amazing bike, however, I recently dropped the fork from 170mm to 150mm, and the rear from 160mm to 140mm, so essentially a Hyrax, I couldnt be happier, it climbs a lot better, and honestly, on the downs, I haven't missed the extra travel, in fact I have beaten all my Strava PB's with the shorter travel, it just works better for me and where I get to ride most of the time, if I was in WC/KZN/MP though, then maybe it would be a different story.....

Yeah I ended up choosing slakline.

I am a pretty fit guy so climbing is not at all a problem (even with guys on xc bikes haha) also the PYGA climbs AMAZINGLY for what it is and is also fairly light at 15.5kg

I run mine 160/160 - I am waiting on a 170mm airshaft for my fork.  It descends like a beast and is a rad bike, I can also convert it to hyrax mode on the rear because I have a 3D printed travel reducer for the rear shock.

Edited by MTBRIDER1234