Does anyone know bikermouse848?

brussel

I think the seller's name is Tawn.

He sold a pair of roval wheels to my kid and did not specify they where boost, he also claimed the rim tape was in great nick. We looked at them closely after he left and they were boost and the rim tape was damaged. We made contact and he said he would resolve it but has not. We've offered to come to drop them at his place to no avail. We have made calls, whatsapp, telegram and direct on bike hub and now he has ghosted us. 

No luck. I would like to return the wheels and get the money back.  

5 minutes ago, brussel said:

tell me more? I'm not aware of that 

I think the bike tour scammer is Taun not Tawn

29 minutes ago, brussel said:

I think the seller's name is Tawn.

He sold a pair of roval wheels to my kid and did not specify they where boost, he also claimed the rim tape was in great nick. We looked at them closely after he left and they were boost and the rim tape was damaged. We made contact and he said he would resolve it but has not. We've offered to come to drop them at his place to no avail. We have made calls, whatsapp, telegram and direct on bike hub and now he has ghosted us. 

No luck. I would like to return the wheels and get the money back.  

Rim tape is a quick and cheap fix. Did the add read that it was boost or non boost wheels?

7 minutes ago, brussel said:

here is the thread

Edited by MTBeer

10 minutes ago, brussel said:

I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is TAUN
You're a little late
I'm already TAUN

looks like Bikermouse is a totally different person,  from his post about commuter bikes

Edited by Shebeen

Oh this does sound like the same guy

Hub advert did not say boost. We fixed the rim tape and then realized the wheels where boost. 

4 minutes ago, brussel said:

Hub advert did not say boost. We fixed the rim tape and then realized the wheels where boost. 

But did it say non boost?

43 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is TAUN
You're a little late
I'm already TAUN

looks like Bikermouse is a totally different person,  from his post about commuter bikes

Another strange Afrikaans pronunciation. My guess is it's TWO-UN. 

46 minutes ago, brussel said:

doesn't sound like the same guy at all.

seems to be a local from swest, boost/non boost can be an honest mistake. hasn't been here in a month.

taun is from joburg, and is a barefaced scoundrel who defrauds people for tens of thousands. 

Nick from Bike Hub

Hi Brent,

Unfortunately, we suspect that the bikermouse848 account (banned in early April) is a notorious scammer named Taun Bewsher. He has had a number of accounts on Bike Hub over the years which we continue to ban once they are discovered.

Here is an ongoing discussion about his scams in the bike tour sector: 

4 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

doesn't sound like the same guy at all.

seems to be a local from swest, boost/non boost can be an honest mistake. hasn't been here in a month.

taun is from joburg, and is a barefaced scoundrel who defrauds people for tens of thousands. 

It is the same guy. Bikermouse = Taun

Taun moved down to the Cape somewhere in the past year.

He created the Bikermouse profile to be able to snoop on the discussions around his Bike Tour scams Cock-ups.

I did inform other members about this and even raised the duplicate account issue with ADMIN.

Sorry to Brussel for having a run-in with this guy. Leopards seldom change their spots, unfortunately.