The ∆lchemy Bike: Custom Titanium Belt Drive

Gucci

Its been a long **** last couple of years as Im sure most of you can relate.  My world has slowly started to open up again and I can see a little light at the end of the tunnel, I have not had a personal project for over 2 years and its been killing me..............So..........I can't afford to do a 356 yet, I can't find an oval that is priced right for a restomod, I finished my motorbike project (https://www.bikeexif.com/custom-husqvarna-701-enduro) so boredom has set in, after a fun ride on the dog walker the other day I decided it was time to build something a little special again. 

This will be my 4th fully custom ground up build. 

1st:  https://forum.bikehub.co.za/topic/134550-first-ever-ssfixi-build/

2nd https://forum.bikehub.co.za/topic/140980-2nd-ever-ss-build-belt-drive-9er-dog-walker/

3rd https://forum.bikehub.co.za/topic/162718-n1-the-third-attempt/#comments

I have decided on the following: 

Stay True to my design philosophy “ Clean, Simple, Minimal”

The idea is to take all of my learning from my last three builds, then design and build one bike to rule them all.  Based around a raw Titanium frame, Black carbon forks, front disk brake with full 360 rotation of handlebars running Crank Bros Wheels and a belt drive.

I have persuaded a seasoned pro to help walk me through the process and plan to keep my updates here. Its fun for me to go back and read and remember the journey I took!! 

I appreciate that all my builds are "Marmite" - you either love em or hate em and this has never bothered me, I do them for me, for my pleasure, for my creative outlet, to remove the stress and drama of my work life. 

I have just finished my fairly extensive design brief so now all the hard work, home work and sourcing begins!! 

I will keep you posted as the story unfolds.  As always please free to add value and offer advice, I have a very clear picture of the end result in my mind and I am not willing to sacrifice it!! 

Edited by Gucci

Looking forward to this. Long time since we had a build! Look at Dangerholm for some inspiration with integration.

1 hour ago, DJuice said:

Some nice new goodies available.

EEwings cranks

Garburak

Any links ??

So…….. Boost - WTF, the wheels I want don’t fit the forks I want, back to the drawing board.  I think I’ve found a solution but need to check.  

Very cool thanks - will have a good look.  First glance was just at all the gears and cog but will look through the list 

If it is titanium and bikes you like then you need to look at the matching motorbike(seeing as you mentioned a husky)

Have a youtube troll at W Robert Ransom, he is building a really cool full titanium motorbike, frame to fairings all custom titanium.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Slow Progress!!

XTR Lever also now arrived in the UK with a mate. 

Bushnell light weight Eccentric BB ordered 

Final frame sizes decided 

Carbon integrated stem and bar bought (needs sanding down and re sprayed) 

New Crank Brothers shoes sent to a mate in Germany 

Gates Carbon drive front and rear ordered - I found I already had a spare correct size belt!! 

Wheels still not arrived after over a month 

Looking for a nice Direct mount FSA Crank arms if any knows any locally ?

happy to look at used if carbon 

• 3 weeks later...