[Event] Macsteel National Classic cycle race

Frosty

28 minutes ago, Graham W said:

So sorry after all the effort you and your club members have put in for such a small field.  What time will the shorter ride start

The sign of the times, I guess.

Short starts at 07:30 (A) or 07:35 (B). 

4CA0147E-A1FB-4331-864A-442318BE2851.png.c92ca8f27e2d55f099dcaad7437680fd.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Frosty said:

With only 222 entries in the open seeded groups for the 102Km, you will be given the option to start in A, B, C or D.

Honesty seeding. Time starts when you cross the mat.

A will be promoted as a group for those wanting to race, then optional thereafter.

Gee that sucks.
Numbers seriously down compared to 2019
Suppose you'll have to build them up again

14 hours ago, Frosty said:

With only 222 entries in the open seeded groups for the 102Km, you will be given the option to start in A, B, C or D.

Honesty seeding. Time starts when you cross the mat.

A will be promoted as a group for those wanting to race, then optional thereafter.

Sorry man, that must hurt with all the effort and organization that goes into it.

Would love to have added 1 more entry to the tally but budget and timing do not allow me to this year.

1 hour ago, Dexter-morgan said:

For me it was the Extra traveling to the sticks, Carnival city is just around the corner for me, with the price of Diesel these days it made me think twice.

As a fellow cyclist I feel the same about traveling so far. Host it in town and pay a fortune for traffic officials, fencing, marshaling, etc. and charge a higher entry fee, or run it out of town with half the resources, but get half the entries.

It’s a catch-22 situation.

We’ll see how the summer racing goes first (Fast One, Ride for Sight, Berg en Dale, Emperors, etc., and then make a call on the event for 2023.

geesh thats a shame - looking forward still to this race as my first back on the bike after 2.5yrs... makes picking a start batch difficult... 

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

As a fellow cyclist I feel the same about traveling so far. Host it in town and pay a fortune for traffic officials, fencing, marshaling, etc. and charge a higher entry fee, or run it out of town with half the resources, but get half the entries.

It’s a catch-22 situation.

We’ll see how the summer racing goes first (Fast One, Ride for Sight, Berg en Dale, Emperors, etc., and then make a call on the event for 2023.

Consider travelling from Pretoria to the start of this race, let alone number collection (both in JHB). 

Just now, FaizelSalie_01 said:

Consider travelling from Pretoria to the start of this race, let alone number collection (both in JHB). 

but then the same can be said for all the tshwane races.

2 minutes ago, FaizelSalie_01 said:

If you’re licensed, there’s nothing that any organiser can do. They have to go to number collection.

For non-licensed riders, collection on race day is possible. Has always been the case for this event.

7 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

but then the same can be said for all the tshwane races.

Yes the same can be said; however I have seen Tshwane races, number collection is at least split 1 day in Pretoria and the other in JHB.

Edited by FaizelSalie_01

20 minutes ago, Gustav1 said:

I know its probably too late now. Lune entries for the 57 on the day?

Yes, you can do a line entry. Hope it's not too late for you to see this.

Good luck to everyone participating. Although we never got the number of entries we wanted,we still have a race happening. Lots of serious race faces lining up, so racing should be good.

If the wind blows like it did today... I'm glad I'm rolling around the venue on a MTB and not on the road.

just gonna wing it tomorrow and hope I can stick with some sort of bunch and not have to solo it. Good luck everyone - this one is going to be interesting with the open unseeded bowl of alphabet soup. 🙈