Any online cycling coaches

DMid

2 hours ago, shaper said:

".there’s too many okes saying do this and do that without ever having done anything or achieved their own sporting goals.."

What you said is that unless a coach has achieved something personally then he should not be considered, so is not speaking to the point your are making!  It is what John was alluding to.

Every sport is full of ex pros who fall into coaching and management and are generally failures.  The ones who become top of their game are often mediocre in their own personal abilities as they don't have the genes to make the top 1%, but understand the theory and personal interaction to get the best for a client so that they achieve their goals.

defien achievement, I believe you're being deliberately combative.  A coach who does not actively participate but has achievements in delivering their athletes good results has a track record of achievement. That is a personal isn't it. 

A coach who does not participate in the sport, and has completed an online course does not have a track record or reputation do they? (unless they have prior experience which means they're not green or fly by night). They have a piece of paper which in my view is not as valuable as someone who is experienced in the sport or similar sports and delivers results ,with or without the piece of paper.

13 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

I have never ever done a triathlon/Ironman or got out my pool and gone for a ride after. When I swim, my fastest stroke is doggy paddle. Yet coached an athlete to a world title and other to a National title. 

I have also seen training programs from current and ex pro's with some great results. That is not coaching its throwing eggs against a wall hoping 1 doesn't break. 

.....but you have a track record of coaching which once again supports my point so what is your issue exactly? You provide the physiological performance guidance and subcontract the running an swimming technique coaching or does your triathlete have a mean doggy paddle?

what was wrong with the Ex-pro's training programmes that they are likened to throwing eggs against a wall? Were the results not repeatable, and reproducible? (broken egg analogy)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/22/2022 at 9:39 AM, DieselnDust said:

Ditto, I’m self taught . Reading , courses , knowing science helps, and of course my results and failures have taught me how to adapt for me.

Ditto, and I talk to Frosty once in a while...

Both my coaches tells me to lose weight and do more intervals and to join the club rides.  Up to now I'm trying to ignore them...

57 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

Both my coaches tells me to lose weight and do more intervals and to join the club rides.  Up to now I'm trying to ignore them...

DONT listen to them ... heaven forbid you need a new forum name .....:P

1 hour ago, Underachiever said:

Don’t forget the fueling too… 😊

On 11/23/2022 at 3:43 PM, J Wakefield said:

Edited

I know squat about sports training etc. So I will consider a professional if I get there (doubt it, this is fun for me I got enough stressful work) but I would much rather look at the one with experience in the job than the one with a paper and attitude. I'm in the electrical and security industry, I have 22 years experience but almost nothing on paper. Im still getting my qualifications done. And I got " master" on paper in the industry calling me to help them solve problems. So Id I have to choose between bakkies Botha or the guy that can't even throw a tennis ball. I'm gonna be reluctant. You do need some experience in your industry if you are a teacher. If you have been teaching under someone else yes. Then you have experience aka skill. But if you just have a piece of paper. That means squat. 

• 3 months later...

Have any of you considered an Ai coach?

You set you goal race (Argus) and finish time, set your date, edit your availability to train and it creates a dynamic training plan for you. Yes, it works on all your aerobic zones 1-5. You can set wether it’s HR or power based. 

Yes, it continuously updates your training day by day based on sessions completed or missed because you sick, injured or just lazy. 

It then updates your progression and even tells you how close your readiness is for the race and goal time as well as your current projected race day readiness. 

I think it’s fantastic, it can even sync the proposed workouts to zwift / garmin etc. And yes, you can edit the workout if you choose to for any reason. Definitely a game changer for those who can’t afford a hands on coach or don’t like following a pre-bought generic training plan.

34 minutes ago, CraigN said:

Have any of you considered an Ai coach?

You set you goal race (Argus) and finish time, set your date, edit your availability to train and it creates a dynamic training plan for you. Yes, it works on all your aerobic zones 1-5. You can set wether it’s HR or power based. 

Yes, it continuously updates your training day by day based on sessions completed or missed because you sick, injured or just lazy. 

It then updates your progression and even tells you how close your readiness is for the race and goal time as well as your current projected race day readiness. 

I think it’s fantastic, it can even sync the proposed workouts to zwift / garmin etc. And yes, you can edit the workout if you choose to for any reason. Definitely a game changer for those who can’t afford a hands on coach or don’t like following a pre-bought generic training plan.

Provide more details about this sorcery.. 😅

Inter web links would be great 🤔

16 minutes ago, throttles said:

I got spoked.ai 👀

Xert is well known, but tends to give you complicated workouts 7 days a week, which is too much strain for one, and the more complicated the workout, the more difficult it is to do it properly. I have my habits, I know where I can do each workout of my library properly, then I have no excuses if I fail it ;)

If I only had one main event to train for and in a while, I'd rather go for a pre-set plan done by a reputable coach.

1 hour ago, throttles said:

Provide more details about this sorcery.. 😅

Inter web links would be great 🤔

The app is HumanGo: https://humango.ai

Here is a HumanGo YouTube video done by the GTN channel: https://youtu.be/JieRSxZa_VQ

The coaches that the data is derived from are:

Raeleigh Harris: Triathlon coach

Lance Watson (Olympic coach)

Pav Brian: Cycling coach

So definitely reputable. Of course Ai can only be a decent coach if you provide as much data as possible.  Example: You can even set how your body handles fatigue/training load so it can adjust the load for you. 

If anyone is keen to give it a try, I can assist with how to get started. I am a South African ambassador for the app so I can also organise a discount code for Hubbers

40 minutes ago, CraigN said:

The app is HumanGo: https://humango.ai

Here is a HumanGo YouTube video done by the GTN channel: https://youtu.be/JieRSxZa_VQ

The coaches that the data is derived from are:

Raeleigh Harris: Triathlon coach

Lance Watson (Olympic coach)

Pav Brian: Cycling coach

So definitely reputable. Of course Ai can only be a decent coach if you provide as much data as possible.  Example: You can even set how your body handles fatigue/training load so it can adjust the load for you. 

If anyone is keen to give it a try, I can assist with how to get started. I am a South African ambassador for the app so I can also organise a discount code for Hubbers

That’s great, but before discount what’s the pricing compared to the rest? 

1 minute ago, throttles said:

That’s great, but before discount what’s the pricing compared to the rest? 

The pricing for the Ai coach starts from $9 a month.

The free side of the app itself is actually worth having as an extra training aid anyway if you want to have a look. It gives performance, load, freshness, race readiness etc as part of the free side. You only pay for the dynamic Ai training program. Just a note here, it can also give you strength training workouts (also synced to your watch, for the gym).

For cyclist I’d probably recommend the 2nd tier package which is $19. 

Ironman athletes will need to go the 3rd tier. 

10 minutes ago, CraigN said:

The pricing for the Ai coach starts from $9 a month.

The free side of the app itself is actually worth having as an extra training aid anyway if you want to have a look. It gives performance, load, freshness, race readiness etc as part of the free side. You only pay for the dynamic Ai training program. Just a note here, it can also give you strength training workouts (also synced to your watch, for the gym).

For cyclist I’d probably recommend the 2nd tier package which is $19. 

Ironman athletes will need to go the 3rd tier. 

👌🏻 

so.. what’s the BikeHub discount? 😬

4 minutes ago, throttles said:

👌🏻

so.. what’s the BikeHub discount? 😬

Haha, I will chat to them for 20%. Let’s see what they come back at. This will take a day or two as they will need to get it approved and generate a code.

Honestly, this type of thing is an in between…

- You get those generic 8/12/15 weeks once off programs you buy and follow. Cheap and nasty options. Help beginners to finish races or a guide for an intermediate athlete. 

- The hands on or contact coaches where you train with as part of a team. This is the most expensive option but if you serious about your performance nothing will beat this. 

- Then the Ai falls between these two options. This option is for those that want something unique to themselves and adapts to their lifestyles (Family, work and social aspects). And want more performance than those generic plans. 

32 minutes ago, CraigN said:

Haha, I will chat to them for 20%. Let’s see what they come back at. This will take a day or two as they will need to get it approved and generate a code.

Honestly, this type of thing is an in between…

- You get those generic 8/12/15 weeks once off programs you buy and follow. Cheap and nasty options. Help beginners to finish races or a guide for an intermediate athlete. 

- The hands on or contact coaches where you train with as part of a team. This is the most expensive option but if you serious about your performance nothing will beat this. 

- Then the Ai falls between these two options. This option is for those that want something unique to themselves and adapts to their lifestyles (Family, work and social aspects). And want more performance than those generic plans. 

Start at 35% and take it from there 😬

if u start at 20 you’re gna end up with 5🤦🏻‍♂️