Knysna to Uniondale

roodie

Planning a solo ride from Knysna to Uniondale on a gravel bike 

Is this route safe ? Not via Uniondale road when leaving Knysna , will pass Uniondale rd and turn left further out ( looks like townshp area)

It was amazing but understimated the pass and suffered all the way up - managed to reach Uniondale and took a rest day to oudtshoorn - final stretch back tomorrow to George over Montaqu pass. Next time idd do George to Knysna to De Vlugt then Uniondale to De Rust - Oudtshoorn and George to complete 

30 minutes ago, roodie said:

It was amazing but understimated the pass and suffered all the way up - managed to reach Uniondale and took a rest day to oudtshoorn - final stretch back tomorrow to George over Montaqu pass. Next time idd do George to Knysna to De Vlugt then Uniondale to De Rust - Oudtshoorn and George to complete 

There is some awesome cycling to be done in that area
Quite jealous!

1 hour ago, roodie said:

or take a bit longer - george to knysna  - uniondale - prince albert - oudtshoorn - george

or do it backwards - slightly easier I think

1 hour ago, roodie said:

Thats a massive ride you did, long way back, maybe you will see some of the riders riding in the Momentum Medical Scheme Cape Pioneer Trek, presented by Biogen on your way back to George.  😁

2 hours ago, Spafsack said:

Thats a massive ride you did, long way back, maybe you will see some of the riders riding in the Momentum Medical Scheme Cape Pioneer Trek, presented by Biogen on your way back to George.  😁

Thanks for the heads up I am going exactly that direction Shud pass them on Montaqu pass 🙈

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 4:44 PM, Spafsack said:

Left early from Oudtshoorn and caught them at the top of Montaqu pass - passing the whole group on the way down with some chirps about my gravel bike down the pass - haha so much fun

On 9/5/2022 at 3:33 PM, roodie said:

Strava link please? Thanks