[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023

FootballingCyclist

15 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Working theory for those seeded in @ and &, that belong in $:

Race office did a license lookup on the archaic CSA system and only received matches for those holding elite licenses. Those with Junior or Vets 30-39 licenses got a false negative and were assumed to be unlicensed and thus general seeded, hence being lumped with the 40-49 and seeded or the 50+ and seeded start groups. This theory holds for those also entered for TdPPA as the broken lookup seeding system would already have you in the highest group it thinks you are eligible for.

Has someone called them yet to find out what's happening?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tour de PPA entries only close on Monday so if someone already got their seeding and entered the Tour de PPA now would they then also fall part of the seeding run again at the end of the month? 

4 minutes ago, EJC said:

The Tour de PPA entries only close on Monday so if someone already got their seeding and entered the Tour de PPA now would they then also fall part of the seeding run again at the end of the month? 

I'm almost tempted... although this route seems like the most boring of the season

16 minutes ago, RRIBike said:

Has someone called them yet to find out what's happening?

They said no email or telephone queries will be taken, so obviously everyone has respected this request and have not bothered them at all...

1 minute ago, Jbr said:

I'm almost tempted... although this route seems like the most boring of the season

Team time trial pulling all the elites and we finish at the back of the pack sub 2h30? But Racetec will use an adjusted winning time of 2h05 and a beta of 0.9 to still screw us...

1 minute ago, bleedToWin said:

They said no email or telephone queries will be taken, so obviously everyone has respected this request and have not bothered them at all...

😲 hectic. I guess the ball is in their court, we need them. After CTCT they will be begging us to renew membership 

2 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Team time trial pulling all the elites and we finish at the back of the pack sub 2h30? But Racetec will use an adjusted winning time of 2h05 and a beta of 0.9 to still screw us...

if they don't fix it I'm definitely keen for this plan. If the $ group looks at each other all race long like at 99er it would make a fun overall 🤣

31 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I sent them a mail asking about this now. Lets see what they say. Will post update here when/if they respond.

13 hours ago, throttles said:

Anyone coming down from the UK?

I need to buy something online.. I would appreciate it if you brought it with your for me. It’s 2 rubber seals. 🤲

You can usually get these at any pharmacy or clicks, hell even PnP have them and the local bubby🤣

49 minutes ago, EJC said:

Good Qu this. I'm sure we can just ask for a re-seed because I haven't entered yet but do plan on doing it. I can either ride a really good race and ask for a better seeding or I could be really crappy on the day and then just keep my current seeding which isn't too bad. I only want to start earlier so that when I get to the top of Edinburgh the bunch which would catch me as I would have been dropped would still be a bunch pushing for close to 3hrs. 

I guess in a way it's a win win for me then with the seeding already out and not having entered Tour De PPA yet.

Just now, Bub Marley said:

So guys, for a Sub 3 which is the last group you need to be in to stand a chance?

Depends on the weather on the day and the guys in the group, But group wise, going on the last few years, I'd prob say 1C will have a few guys, 1B will have more which means a bigger bunch of guys working together which will make it "easier" for lack of a better word. But from previous years, 1D downwards you wont get many, just the very odd few extremely strong guys who genuinely don't belong there anyway and end up basically riding a solo race.