Rhino Run 2022 - KAMAAAN Benky!!

Shebeen

2 hours ago, milky4130 said:

I wonder if anyone will shed some kgs off the bike weight in the last 100-0 kilometers, is that even allowed in this format or is it a case of, take no risks as anything can happen.

As in dump some equipment? no they wouldn't do that!

in the IG live earlier it was refreshing to see how the first thing both did was immediately dump the trash they were hauling into the bin. good plan as you might forget about it later and then carry further.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

benky is at the rooisand desert ranch, AZ closing in on 10km now.

this one could get tight

next 35km includes 900m cumuliuative vert gain

... and 6 km now. I have no idea how they do this. Go KB (come on, we'll never hear the end of it if a bloody Ozzy wins)!

19 minutes ago, Stephan said:

50km to go for Benky, and I think he is being caught by AZ? Hope not. Tracking is a little delayed. 

Always delayed by design for battery life, can't expect updates every second for 10 days.

Watch it on predictive mode. Gap is about 7 minutes now. But closing 

First time seeing this race. Only thing I can  say is WOW. People are Crazy :)  I see Benky is passed.. (Nevermind he is in front again.)

Is this race every year ?

Edited by Phillippe Coetzee

Wow! Look, gutted for Benky, but props to AZ, especially catching up and eventually passing in the early hours of the morning. That's the absolute worst/toughest time to be riding in ultra races, your body is screaming at you that you should be sleeping. Running on fumes and then pushing that hard that you overtake a top class rider like Benky requires herculean mental fortitude. 

Maaaaaan, I'm properly lus to try this next year. I mean, it's just like riding the Grit.... five times on repeat 😅 jirre, even at my Grit pace this would take me 10.5 days... 🤯