Wines2Whales 2022: Who's Riding?

esCape-ist

24 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Yep this place is not what it used to be. Too many keyboard warriors too many 3itching & moaning and and and. But rest assured there are plenty of lurkers that come here just do what they need to and get out of here.

jenn-jenn-robbins.gif

there's enough experts on the hub nowadays that know everything about everything, so the old crowd rather stays offline drinking beers and riding bikes

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, fanievb said:

anyhow  back on topic

my prep has been crap.

broken collerbone, crap weather, work and a loss of mojo.

my partner and I have at least agreed to make it a "funride" aka zone2 all the way.

broken collar bone is pretty crap. Hopefully you have some mobility back? I as back on my mtb on the trail 4 weeks post op but I had to take it very easy and not fall

54 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

broken collar bone is pretty crap. Hopefully you have some mobility back? I as back on my mtb on the trail 4 weeks post op but I had to take it very easy and not fall

Thanks, was a fairly bad break due to an idiot pedestrian and her ******* cellphone 

Lucky to have full mobility, was very religious to my physio program.

I was back to zwift 10 days post op, and outside at 6 weeks. Only hit some singletrack at around 10 weeks (but I'm still nervous now at 15 weeks)

55 minutes ago, fanievb said:

Thanks, was a fairly bad break due to an idiot pedestrian and her ******* cellphone 

Lucky to have full mobility, was very religious to my physio program.

I was back to zwift 10 days post op, and outside at 6 weeks. Only hit some singletrack at around 10 weeks (but I'm still nervous now at 15 weeks)

You should be ok. I assume you got the mechano set treatment which helps it heal faster straighter and takes the load off 

6 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

You should be ok. I assume you got the mechano set treatment which helps it heal faster straighter and takes the load off 

Yep some additional titanium 

PastedGraphic-8.png.f9b7049efff3ec3e4f19d83c345b9b9d.png

10 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

lekker! looks like a comminuted (?) fracture?

mine was

Yep, the term used by the surgeon on call was ISM (in sy moer). piece that broke off cracked in 2. 

24 minutes ago, gurns said:

I'm doing the Pinotage event. My first time at W2W.

That’s the one with the Gees , bees and ebikes 

I think it was 2018 when I did all three for some stupid reason. Some interesting weather we had.

heat wave for the chardonnay

Rain and extreme mud for the Pinotage 

fire and evacuations and a route change for the Shiraz due to protest action .

aaaah those were the days

14 hours ago, fanievb said:

Yep some additional titanium 

PastedGraphic-8.png.f9b7049efff3ec3e4f19d83c345b9b9d.png

Aren't you worried that if you fall on it, the plate will lift and stab you in the neck? I have almost exactly the same one and that is my biggest worry 

Edited by peepeekaitjie

On 10/18/2022 at 12:09 PM, Carmichael said:

Doing Chardonnay, got a last minute entry with luxury tents, cant wait for a weekend of drinking pinot noir with good mates!

We will be joining you on the Pinot Noir front and enjoying the weekend 🙂