Tour de France 2024

'Dale

7 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I seriously doubt that.  He will be focused on winning overall rather than wasting energy on stages and taking risks in the process.

He is targeting 6 stage wins. Today then friday and Saturday as well. He is too competitive to sit and defend his lead. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

UAE certainly won't be making too many friends if that's the case. The other teams also want a piece of the pie for their own sponsors.

Me thinks the Pog's gonna give everybody the middle finger treatment ......... UAE included. He is hell bent on taking Yellow, Green and Polkadot come Nice.

7 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

have they tried riding faster? are they stupid?

You should ask them 🤙

45 minutes ago, Irvin85 said:

He is targeting 6 stage wins. Today then friday and Saturday as well. He is too competitive to sit and defend his lead. 

Lets wait and see ..... 😊

My observation is when Pogi sprints he drives the bike forward where others seem to have a lot of left-right motion. Looks like his power all goes into forward. 

Just an observation from someone who has never watched the tour before 😂 

I doubt any stage will be given to a breakaway. It’s pretty clear that Pogi is a proper bike racer. He wants to win races and I’m pretty sure he wants to break Cav’s record. Wouldn’t surprise me if he goes for this one.

38 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

I doubt any stage will be given to a breakaway. It’s pretty clear that Pogi is a proper bike racer. He wants to win races and I’m pretty sure he wants to break Cav’s record. Wouldn’t surprise me if he goes for this one.

Ah my mate Pogi 

Anyone notice that he wears a watch during stages? 
Not just any watch but a Richard Mille watch worth 330’000 Swiss Francs, apparently it’s sponsored and he is not allowed to sell it (it’s probably worth more than the prize money).

At least it only weighs 33 grams.

4 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Ah my mate Pogi 

Not just any watch but a Richard Mille watch worth 330’000 Swiss Francs, apparently it’s sponsored and he is not allowed to sell it (it’s probably worth more than the prize money).

Very aware of that lovely watch.... Adam also wore one last week.  Cav too....

SF10k per gram.  Serious value creation......

38 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Ah my mate Pogi 

our boytjie Wayde also run/ran in one?

Much more interesting start to the stage then yesterday. Seems far from settling down anytime soon

Two more abandons….

taking a break now to prep for world champs ? Or more covid?

Mvdp was saying he’s been pushing numbers he’s never seen before and on target for the Olympic road race. He’s reall heavily invested in that goal. I hope it works out as planned

Pogi on the attack via the head wind splits. Echelons soon?

Edited by DieselnDust

Fascinating stage. 100km done, 78km remaining and attacks are still flying.

Pogacar is taking this one...