Tour de France 2024

'Dale

Interestingly, the gap has extended to 4mins now.

If Jonas wants to try something, and he has some legs left, this is his chance. 

But, it is probably unlikely. The riders ahead will probably just help him defend 2nd against Remco.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Jonas wants to try something

*inhales deeply from crack pipe*

Jonas attacks 4km from the top of Bonette, gains 30s over the top and bombs the descent with Jorgenson. Pogi catches them on the ascent of Isola but has forgotten to eat and cracks. Keldermerckx paces Jonas to the top and is gifted his first WT win.

Edited by peepeekaitjie
edit

1 minute ago, peepeekaitjie said:

*inhales deeply from crack pipe*

Jonas attacks 4km from the top of Bonette, gains 30s over the top and bombs the descent with Jorgenson. Pogi catches them on the ascent of Isola but has forgotten to eat and cracks. Keldermerckx paces Jonas to the top and is gifted his first WT win.

Now you are talking my language. ;)

We can dream...

1 hour ago, cadenceblur said:

If memory serves, he lost time / ground on Pogacar on a descent earlier in the race? 

Or would the situation call for a more risky approach from him?

I thought he pulled back a few seconds (on the first mountain stage, 4 i think?) before losing time on the flat again. Either way - not going to happen now.

Wow

does Pogacar need to attack here?

in the context of the entire race is it necessary?

is Vingegaard just going to sit this out if Pogacar does nothing?

is Pogacar silently worried about the next two days, 

Vingegaard had a blistering TT last year, is this perhaps playing on Pogacar’s mind?

Fascinating stuff. 

I bet Remco is perhaps counting on perhaps nipping some time today, managing tomorrow and driving for second place in the TT

1 minute ago, cadenceblur said:

I bet Remco is perhaps counting on perhaps nipping some time today, managing tomorrow and driving for second place in the TT

His going all out… I see this as the final showdown for that Podium runner up position! Vin will need to be at his best to limit Remco damages. The TT is a crazy course. 

Imagine that radio now for our stage leader now hearing that Pogacar has attacked 

Jorgensen not looking that comfortable but not shipping time either AT PRESENT 

Edited by cadenceblur