• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

301-1 (80 for podium)

with Uran, Lutsenko and some guy I've never heard of called Thorstein

Provided nothing goes wrong such as a fall or illness, I'm sure he will be good for a top 10 again.

On 6/23/2023 at 1:55 PM, FootballingCyclist said:

Add to that that WvA is likely to leave the Tour early as he expects the birth of his child.

It reminds me a bit about the comment from Roy Keane when asked if player x will be starting a game as his wife gave birth and he commented"he should be playing,he did not give birth did he"

14 minutes ago, gerriemtb said:

Bring on '23 - the excitement is building!

Watching that again, I cant wait !!!  Only this time Jonas will have to do a lot more on his own without Roglic there.  Sure WvA can help to land the knock out punch again, but the ground work will mostly be up to Jonas.

1 hour ago, reteid said:

It reminds me a bit about the comment from Roy Keane when asked if player x will be starting a game as his wife gave birth and he commented"he should be playing,he did not give birth did he"

yeah. and if you go even further back a woman who did something professionally used the husband's name too.

We've moved on a bit as society. If Wout is in green and still useful in the battle for yellow his responsibilities will be split between staying or going.

Pogačar will (probably) be wiser to the one-two attack from TJV, meaning they will have to try something else, that “surprise factor”, while also being mindful that UAD doesn’t do anything themselves. Yates and Pogačar could be the ones doing a one-two on Jonas.

#minslaapies

EDIT: I might have fallen for a ruse. Let me check my sources!

Confirmed, I fell for a ruse. Apologies

Edited by Vetplant

14 hours ago, Frosty said:

Pogačar will (probably) be wiser to the one-two attack from TJV

The question is whether Vingegaard has matured and grown some confidence. Pagacar has the bigger matchbook, while he has the big mountains, but he is prone to burning matches in order to cover Pogacar for every attack, while in the high mountains so many of these attacks were frivolous and they both end up sitting up and the JV domestiques come back. If he's patient and uses his team to reel these long range moves back in at constant pace he'll take big time.

22 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

Curious who the leader here is. Certain it should be Pidcock as hes by far the strongest unless Bernal has been holding back. Pidcock definitely seems more of a stage winner guy than going for overall glory but that’s never been the way of this team.

Pretty sure the goal will be to win some stages and try to get Pidcock in Yellow at some point.

I mean, stage one looks all set for a Pidcock/WvA, MvdP, Jalla show down. All could do with a win and A day or three in Yellow.

Danny Martinez is probably the GC 'hopeful' but I'm guessing, by the make up of the team, they will be shooting for non GC goals this year. 

I expect Sepp Kuss to play a much bigger role during the tour and could potentially be JV second leader, especially with the minimal amount of TT in the tour. He saved himself during the Giro this year, only working for Roglic on one or two occasions. 

21 hours ago, Frosty said:

Pogačar will (probably) be wiser to the one-two attack from TJV, meaning they will have to try something else, that “surprise factor”, while also being mindful that UAD doesn’t do anything themselves. Yates and Pogačar could be the ones doing a one-two on Jonas.

#minslaapies

I dont see Yates being able to do what Roglic did for Jonas last year, but yes that might be the attempted approach by UAE.  Cant wait to see what unfold !!!!