Tour de France 2024

'Dale

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't appreciate the way the doc portrayed the Wout and Jonas relationship. The same for the Gee and Pidcock relationship on the Alpe d'Huez stage. But drama sells I guess. Don't expect to see JV in any future docs.

“It is quite disturbing that stories were placed in the documentary that weren’t there. For me, the series is focused on commotion,” he said.

"Jonas and I are best mates. It focuses on moments where it's hard to make the right choice, but there are also so many moments where we supported each other and worked together. It's a shame that that was taken out.” - Wout Van Aert

5 minutes ago, edgarblount said:

I didn't appreciate the way the doc portrayed the Wout and Jonas relationship. The same for the Gee and Pidcock relationship on the Alpe d'Huez stage. But drama sells I guess. Don't expect to see JV in any future docs.

“It is quite disturbing that stories were placed in the documentary that weren’t there. For me, the series is focused on commotion,” he said.

"Jonas and I are best mates. It focuses on moments where it's hard to make the right choice, but there are also so many moments where we supported each other and worked together. It's a shame that that was taken out.” - Wout Van Aert

That's an interesting quote from WVA. Always hard to know what's really going on when there's just a series of excerpts from interviews and live action pieced together out of their full context rather than seeing the whole conversation in which things are said.

I enjoyed the documentary nevertheless. Particularly Jasper philipsens story. 

But a has been pointed out, it left out vast chunks of the story.

20 minutes ago, Mamil said:

That's an interesting quote from WVA. Always hard to know what's really going on when there's just a series of excerpts from interviews and live action pieced together out of their full context rather than seeing the whole conversation in which things are said.

I enjoyed the documentary nevertheless. Particularly Jasper philipsens story. 

But a has been pointed out, it left out vast chunks of the story.

I'm finding the series to be quite fun. But clearly aimed at making it filled with talking points - the more the merrier. We'll never know the proper inner workings of the teams - who'd be prepared to le that cat out of the bag? it's not as if all the teams aren't going to unpack as much as possible from this... 

It's well-produced, and some of the footage is just eye candy deluxe. Though to be sure, it's been made with an agenda in mind and that agenda is: CONTROVERSY!!! still, much better TV than Idols or Bake Off

Meanwhile,

With the recent death of Gino Mäder crashing at 97 km/h , the peloton resumes racing today after a day of mourning and honouring. Born in 1997, Mäder was also an activist in environmentalism. He was found motionless in a ravine and passed on in hospital overnight. Somehow Magnus Sheffield, who also crashed at the time, suffered concussion and soft tissue damage.

The rainbow jersey has, as expected, made a comment on the descent of the Albula Pass, questioning safety standards. The safety standards of the Tour de France will likely have another round of due diligence and review. 

TdF favourite Vingegaard continues to build his form as he prepares for the 01 July. 

Also, looking forward to the future of cycling on the Mother Continent, such cool news:

IMG_1312.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

Lots of noise in the media about the team dynamics within the Groupama-FDJ team. Significantly, Pinot is slotted in more or less last-minute it appears. He will be doing his farewell tour and will be a very handy support to the French CG hope in Gaudu.

Tadej heads back to Slovenia for his final race after time at altitude.

Primoz definitely not making an appearance and says he is so "switched off" and cannot even think about the Tour of Spain at this point.

Is it the Jumbo vs UAE drag race? Which other teams will make a powerful GC impression while doing the 'hiding in plain sight' while the spot light and camera obsesses over the two favourites?

Min slapies.

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 08.23.50.png

One thing that just had me flabbergasted in the netflix series was how skinny those top riders are above the waste. Jeepers that can't be healthy. it must take incredible dedication to a diet to get that lean.

Just now, dave303e said:

One thing that just had me flabbergasted in the netflix series was how skinny those top riders are above the waste. Jeepers that can't be healthy. it must take incredible dedication to a diet to get that lean.

G has the bod of a skinny teen!

also note how old and worn out these okes look compared to their partners... hahaha

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Lots of noise in the media about the team dynamics within the Groupama-FDJ team. Significantly, Pinot is slotted in more or less last-minute it appears. He will be doing his farewell tour and will be a very handy support to the French CG hope in Gaudu.

Tadej heads back to Slovenia for his final race after time at altitude.

Primoz definitely not making an appearance and says he is so "switched off" and cannot even think about the Tour of Spain at this point.

Is it the Jumbo vs UAE drag race? Which other teams will make a powerful GC impression while doing the 'hiding in plain sight' while the spot light and camera obsesses over the two favourites?

Min slapies.

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 08.23.50.png

Pinot will be going for stage wins. Pretty sure about that. Such a wasted talent who i feel would have done so much more if he wasn’t at a French team. Gaudu is so talented as well, but if you don’t structure your team for him then it’s pointless. And i feel like Madiot will just go for stage wins again.

6 minutes ago, dave303e said:

They also burn a shitload of calories every day and they’re obviously not consuming junk which helps with that.

i was actually surprised with Van Aert the most because he doesn’t look skinny at all but yeah he is. I also think these guys dont look like that when they’re not in a 3 week grand tour.

8 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

They also burn a shitload of calories every day and they’re obviously not consuming junk which helps with that.

i was actually surprised with Van Aert the most because he doesn’t look skinny at all but yeah he is. I also think these guys dont look like that when they’re not in a 3 week grand tour.

and they are eating well. You can see they have that fine line of enough input to keep them outputting those watts but not gaining weight.

I have been working with a dietician for 3 months now. I have never eaten so much in my life, but I have come down in weight and gotten stronger both running, cycling and lifting. There is no doubt they are doing it at the highest level. But it does take a lot of dedication to stick to it.

They’re eating for a purpose, rather than binge-eating. I like the one dietician’s comment:

The body thanks you for putting food in the mouth, but doesn’t know what to do with it (processed food). So it will stored one side, while a signal must be sent again to ask for more food. Repeat this until some nutrient dense food is placed in the mouth.

I'm slowly working my way through the netflix series. unfortunately the family has zero interest in it, so I can only watch a little bit here and there when they are not around.

Its rather interesting to see behind the scenes of a race you've watched. Wish there was a little more indepth look at what goes on behind the scenes, but I guess there is a level of teams wanting to keep some things secret, as well as needing to appeal to non cyclists.

Wish I understood french though, then there would be less reading and more enjoying the visuals.