Tour de France 2024

'Dale

1 hour ago, peepeekaitjie said:

pity WvA is also out with a fractured collarbone, fractured rib(s), and fractured sternum. Let's see who can recover and adequately train by the time the TdF rolls around. 

Jip, he was scheduled to do the Giro and then miss the TDF. But with his fractures, I am hoping for a Kolisi-esque recovery to be fit again for TDF. But it is probably only a pipe dream.

I think he is the one rider that could have given MvdP a run for his money this past weekend, but alas, we will have to wait for P-R 2025 to see that rematch. 

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can’t seem these guys fully recovering… I see a more open TDF, Pog will have to be clever playing the Giro card this year as he prepares for the double. Will Bora see their investment come to live? Will we see some new talent raise? This TDF will be epic none the less with or without the stars.

• 2 weeks later...

During good rehabilitation, the view can already move forward: Remco Evenepoel retains the run-up towards Tour de France

Everything goes according to schedule. Remco Evenepoel (24) is in full rehabilitation after his fall in the Tour of the Basque Country and is already thinking about what is yet to come. His run-up towards Tour is already maintained.

Remco Evenepoel recovers well from his injuries (clavicle fracture and fracture in the shoulder blade), suffered in a severe fall early this month in the Tour of the Basque Country. Admittedly, the activity of the world time trial champion limits itself to some cautious cycling on the wheels for the time being.

The intention remains to go on an altitude stage to the Sierra Nevada in early May, to ride the Dauphiné from June 2 to 9 and then go to height again in the perspective of the Tour (June 29-21 July). If for some reason the Dauphiné does not prove feasible - which is not currently assumed - the Tour of Switzerland (9-18 June) offers an alternative. On Sunday, June 23, Evenepoel will also participate in the BK in Zottegem. The BK time trial, two days earlier, does not fit into the plans this year.

On 4/26/2024 at 5:36 PM, 'Dale said:

The race machine

10:53

image.png.79b0a043dbdd85c9995b15b0dab739cc.png

Anyone know what that white thingy-ma-jig is that he stuck behind the BB? 

26 minutes ago, Frosty said:

10:53

image.png.79b0a043dbdd85c9995b15b0dab739cc.png

Anyone know what that white thingy-ma-jig is that he stuck behind the BB? 

They are usually quite harmless, my kids have hundreds of them, but it can get quite irritating if they start placing them everywhere, like on the airplane seat in front of us. They call it Stickers....

;)

On a serious note: Seems like a rubbery double sided sticker to which he then places what seems like a flat magnet. I'm guessing the crank has a Cadence Sensor that is required for the built-in power meter.

🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

Two and a half weeks since that high speed crash, Remco is on 32” tyres to keep the shoulder from unnecessary road vibration on his first few base training rides.

“Shoulder still feeling stiff and uncomfortable after 3 hrs of road training…”

Edited by 'Dale

43 minutes ago, Irvin85 said:

really impressive how fast these guys get back on the bike after a serious crash. Let's go Jonas

Modern medicine is truly incredible. Think about Siya Kolisi and Pollard in 2023, we all asumed they won't make the RWC, and yet they truly brought their A-game. 

5 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Modern medicine is truly incredible. Think about Siya Kolisi and Pollard in 2023, we all asumed they won't make the RWC, and yet they truly brought their A-game. 

I would still be in bed feeling sorry for myself.