The Ouzo

So no other events (with different Beta factor maybe) taken into account? šŸ¤”

Edited by Mongoose!

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have seeded the short 35km race too, I am in D.Ā  Children automatically with me I think as I entered them as minors and have not received any other emails for them. They do actually have their own seeding though as they did Trailseeker before but don't think that is looked at as they have to ride with an adultĀ  at all timesĀ  which I totally agree with.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

23 hours ago, Frosty said:

Peak Timing are doing the timing for this event, and BIB is their terminology for race number.

How many 947s have you done? They have colour coding for the number entered/completed.

White <10
Yellow 10-14
Blue 15-19
Red 20-24
Green Road/MTB double

Not sure what the colour will be for those that have done every event.

Ā 

edit: Peak Timing are only doing the timing. The organisers are doing their own seeding.

so not the same timing board as last year ?

they've given me the same race number as last year though.

23 hours ago, Frosty said:

Peak Timing are doing the timing for this event, and BIB is their terminology for race number.

How many 947s have you done? They have colour coding for the number entered/completed.

White <10
Yellow 10-14
Blue 15-19
Red 20-24
Green Road/MTB double

Not sure what the colour will be for those that have done every event.

Ā 

edit: Peak Timing are only doing the timing. The organisers are doing their own seeding.

also, do you know where you can confirm they have the correct bib colour for you ?

2 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

I amĀ  confused as I gave away myĀ  road ride Jobug entry last year as had Covid and couldn't trainĀ  but I got a message a while ago saying seeing as I had entered last year and received a number andĀ  bracket freeĀ  and the number will stay with me but I never received it as didn't do the race.

Also did the MTB last year andĀ  think I used the boardĀ  from 2020 mtb. But IĀ  presumed I would useĀ  thatĀ  this year as also doing the MTB one.Ā  Ā I am not sure if you use the same boardĀ  for mtb and road even though it is only the 35km one

AnywayĀ  I bought another board just in case for road but will only get that after MTB as expo is after.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

13 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Itā€™s the same timing board as before. The same technology that is used in the runnersā€™s bib number is used in the Faces timing board, which is why anyone with those big square, white, antennae can read the timing chip in your number.

7 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

also, do you know where you can confirm they have the correct bib colour for you ?

No I donā€™t, unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Red Robin said:

I amĀ  confused as I gave away myĀ  road ride Jobug entry last year as had Covid and couldn't trainĀ  but I got a message a while ago saying seeing as I had entered last year and received a number andĀ  bracket freeĀ  and the number will stay with me but I never received it as didn't do the race.

Also did the MTB last year andĀ  think I used the boardĀ  from 2020 mtb. But IĀ  presumed I would useĀ  thatĀ  this year as also doing the MTB one.Ā  Ā I am not sure if you use the same boardĀ  for mtb and road even though it is only the 35km one

AnywayĀ  I bought another board just in case for road but will only get that after MTB as expo is after.Ā 

Does the MTB board look like this? It itā€™s the big number that goes in front (as per MTB regulations), then itā€™s not the same.

image.png.59af25c9160d0f183b4e930baf0cf26b.png
Ā 

Since it will be my first 947 MTB & Road ride, I need to buy a "timing board".Ā  But its not working on here:

https://ridejoburg.co.za/timingchip/

I enter my details and then nothing happen after that.Ā  Anyone know what the issue is?

Would also like to know if I can use the same number/board for both races.

6 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Does the MTB board look like this? It itā€™s the big number that goes in front (as per MTB regulations), then itā€™s not the same.

Ā 

Nope, the mtb is a small board for the front of the bike. It is a small board (which is great) but it is a different number to the road race.Ā 

Its clever - they make you pay for two boards for both rides, instead of using the same board for both. Sneaky...Ā 

4 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Ā 

No it doesn't look like that. The mtbĀ  is the one with theĀ  biggerĀ  numbers that goes in front like you described. OK so I am glad I bought one for the road also. I will email themĀ  and ask if you useĀ  the same number for both races out of curiosity.Ā Ā 

Thank you.Ā 

Just now, TheoG said:

Since it will be my first 947 MTB & Road ride, I need to buy a "timing board".Ā  But its not working on here:

I enter my details and then nothing happen after that.Ā  Anyone know what the issue is?

Theo, you can buy a mtb board when you collect your race pack the day before. They have a very efficient collection system and its easy enough to buy a board.Ā 

I'll give you mine, maybe they can link it to your profile when you collect the race pack? If not, then just buy a new oneĀ šŸ˜’

I tried last year to have the same board for both races - wasn't possible unless I missed a step somewhere

1 minute ago, 117 said:

Nope, the mtb is a small board for the front of the bike. It is a small board (which is great) but it is a different number to the road race.Ā 

Its clever - they make you pay for two boards for both rides, instead of using the same board for both. Sneaky...Ā 

Thanks, you saved me emailing them.Ā 

3 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Check the pop up is not blocked once you click on submit. Happened to meĀ  and it took me about 3 attempts before I realized.Ā 

17 minutes ago, Red Robin said:

Check the pop up is not blocked once you click on submit. Happened to meĀ  and it took me about 3 attempts before I realized.Ā 

Thanks, that work.Ā  I hate pop-ups, why do they have to keep using the crap ... :(Ā 

Edited by TheoG

19 minutes ago, 117 said:

Theo, you can buy a mtb board when you collect your race pack the day before. They have a very efficient collection system and its easy enough to buy a board.Ā 

I'll give you mine, maybe they can link it to your profile when you collect the race pack? If not, then just buy a new oneĀ šŸ˜’

I tried last year to have the same board for both races - wasn't possible unless I missed a step somewhere

Thanks M, worth a shot to try & link it to my account, if it doesn't work I will get one at race pack collection.