No Black Friday threads this year?

Darko

Just now, The Ouzo said:

The other side of the coin is people looking for ridiculous discounts on products because its black friday.

Honda is offering a 80k discount on the outgoing CRV. Thats around 10.5% off, which is substantial in these times and doesnt leave much wiggle room left for the dealer.

This is not a BF only special.

But we still get people asking "is that all you'all are offering". Telling us they were hoping for more.

Fo sho...but retailers etc should be guiding this...

NA dif you can't offer a decent discount...dont say it's for BF... discount it some other time of the year otherwise all you're doing is asking ppl to call you out on the BS.

There's a reason many of us still order things from overseas as well...Why would I pay more for say a cassette here when i can get it from Germany WITH shipping and VAT for less? Sometimes even faster...

Local pricing in the last few years has been VERY similar, sometimes cheaper...Except when someone overseas puts stuf fon sale...RSA sales are (generally) a joke....kinda like how Tygerberm grades their trails (#itsbeen a while).

Nick is totally correct though...discount the product if you need to move it or make space for new things on the shelf, but your time...don't discount that.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned on the daily deals thread, Multiply is having some proper specials on Garmin Porducts, Garmin Edge 540 Solar went for R5400 give or take, may more specials on watches.

4 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

As mentioned on the daily deals thread, Multiply is having some proper specials on Garmin Porducts, Garmin Edge 540 Solar went for R5400 give or take, may more specials on watches.

Just check...those prices include your (well, at least mine do) your discount from your Multiply status (which is applieed outside of BF as well). So the "real" discount is significantly less than is advertised and wont be available to non-Momentum peeps.

image.png.bf7535e6abf5fd015d4b8c459873178b.png

Edited by Thermophage

28 minutes ago, Thermophage said:

Just check...those prices include your (well, at least mine do) your discount from your Multiply status (which is applieed outside of BF as well). So the "real" discount is significantly less than is advertised and wont be available to non-Momentum peeps.

image.png.bf7535e6abf5fd015d4b8c459873178b.png

Yes, discount does depend on your status, I am only on Silver.

5 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

The other side of the coin is people looking for ridiculous discounts on products because its black friday.

Honda is offering a 80k discount on the outgoing CRV. Thats around 10.5% off, which is substantial in these times and doesnt leave much wiggle room left for the dealer.

This is not a BF only special.

But we still get people asking "is that all you'all are offering". Telling us they were hoping for more.

Certain items have tight margins, at the best of times.

Last year I was looking for a Garmin .... did my homework, and knew the prices ....  CWC/CL ended up selling a small number at less than what other retailers pay for it.

Possibly "bad business" .... certainly good "PR", and feet in the door ....  Understandably in limited numbers.

On the flip side .... those that artificially inflate the RRP, just to show a 30 or 40% discount, while it is still more expensive than the standard price at the shop down the road ....  BUT, in this day and age every buyer HAS the means to check prices and not be taken for a fool.

On 11/15/2023 at 9:25 AM, ChrisF said:

Time to resurrect this thread ....

WORD OF CAUTION .... as if we dont know it already .....

The game of doubling the RRP is on again !! 🤦‍♂️

When you items on "special" for R 4 900, RRP nearly R9k, but the same item (Parktool item, with the exact same item code) is at the competition for R4 190 without any Black Friday garble ....

BE AWAKE .... the season is upon us ....

Here's hoping for some actual specials :thumbup:

https://www.servaltracker.com/

if you want to make sure takealot doesn't manipulate you into buying fake "deals", this does the homework chop chop

I am in the market for a Garmin Edge 530 or 540, depending which one comes at the best price. I am waiting for the last minute deals, well i hope for some good deals.