Recommend at reliable CPT wheel builder please?

Migual

Hi Everyone.

I’ve purchased a brand new Powertap G3 hub and want to build it into a Bontrager Aeulous rear wheel.

Can anyone recommend a reliable wheel builder who will get the job done first time without any drama or reworks? I’m very particular when it comes to my equipment so someone with a clean shop, the proper tools and with proper training.

Thanks,

Migual

Ian Williams - Bike Magic - he will collect and deliver as well, and turnaround time is super quick. Send me a DM and I will pass on his contact number. 

4 hours ago, Migual said:

Hi Everyone.

I’ve purchased a brand new Powertap G3 hub and want to build it into a Bontrager Aeulous rear wheel.

Can anyone recommend a reliable wheel builder who will get the job done first time without any drama or reworks? I’m very particular when it comes to my equipment so someone with a clean shop, the proper tools and with proper training.

Thanks,

Migual

Not a good combination.  I’d recommend you call the shops you’ve been advised and explain this build. Ou may find that the Aeolus rim is not a good one for a power tap hub due to the angle the spoke enters the rim. 
good luck 

4 hours ago, Murrob said:

Knipe Racing - the end…

Yip, had two sets built by him no problem.

4 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Not a good combination.  I’d recommend you call the shops you’ve been advised and explain this build. Ou may find that the Aeolus rim is not a good one for a power tap hub due to the angle the spoke enters the rim. 
good luck 

Have you had issues with this combination yourself?

13 hours ago, Migual said:

Have you had issues with this combination yourself?

Two builds with a Pt hub yes. I sold it eventually

20 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

good luck 

I'd have to see the rim, but it may be possible if it uses internal nipples - they should allow for a greater range of entry angles.

Though it may be a pig to access the nipple.

Only way to find out is to lace up and see.

OP - Powertap hub and deep section rims are always tricky, The angle the spoke enters the rim is often too severe because of the size of the hub flanges.

48 minutes ago, droo said:

I'd have to see the rim, but it may be possible if it uses internal nipples - they should allow for a greater range of entry angles.

Though it may be a pig to access the nipple.

Only way to find out is to lace up and see.

OP - Powertap hub and deep section rims are always tricky, The angle the spoke enters the rim is often too severe because of the size of the hub flanges.

I see. I’m assuming this would be for the non-drive side mostly?

1 hour ago, Migual said:

I see. I’m assuming this would be for the non-drive side mostly?

yes and depends on lacng pattern but since Powertap always recommended 3 cross and the same lacing pattern both sides to better balance torque it does become trick hence the heads up to chat to the selected wheel builder about these concerns. With a deep section rim you will have to look at 2cross lacing and then spoke lengths become an issue. Droo has also already confirmed why it is an issue. I had an issue on alloy DT rims with a 23mm section depth because the eyelets just didn't like the required entry angle

Edited by DieselnDust