[Event] The Gallows

The Gallows

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That race looks epic, you guys better drop back here and give us a report! I don’t have the fitness… but I should line up in 2025. 

I'm shaking my money pouch to see if I can somehow make this part of my BMX 2024 experience...

I had forgotten how many thousands of zar it costs to enter, travel and stay for these things!

The whole route/vibe at Cedar looks properly rad

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

I'm shaking my money pouch to see if I can somehow make this part of my BMX 2024 experience...

I had forgotten how many thousands of zar it costs to enter, travel and stay for these things!

The whole route/vibe at Cedar looks properly rad

there is supposed to be a renegade Cedar 6 months before/after the official one. but i'm not on the right whatsapp group because that would mean it was last weekend!

12 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I haven't thought it through too much yet as I have a few races still before that one, but it seemed the race started late enough that I might consider not stay that side the night before. (on the website it says start time 8am ?)

Looks like a LOT of fun - competes with 36one (already entered) for the weekend away / cycling race dollar) which is the following weekend - IT's a 2 and a half hour drive if as @Jbris suggesting is driveable with a 4:30am departure time from CT to avoid accommodation costs but then it's 5 hours in the car for 6 and a half hours of mamil mooching ......

Also thinking about it. I do however sense there's a point at which those around me will mount an intervention to deal with my obsessive race entering. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I'll be there on the BMX!

what gearing do you have for the last climb?

23 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Lucky his BMX is 2x...

That's 2 x feet for when he gets off to push...

This.... I'll see how I go this weekend at Swartberg

39 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

what gearing do you have for the last climb?

Not sure yet.... I'll see how swartberg goes. I rode up most of that 2:1 with 700cc wheels, so with 20" I'm hoping 2.2 or so will work