Is the price right for this hardtail

Edrich1234

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Edrich1234 said:

I want to buy this hardtail. He said I can give him 35k for the bike. But I still believe it's too high. I want opinions from informed people with experience from the market.

Screenshot_20230325_153830_Chrome.jpg

Bargain, if you're looking for a badass hardtail.

4 hours ago, Edrich1234 said:

I want to buy this hardtail. He said I can give him 35k for the bike. But I still believe it's too high. I want opinions from informed people with experience from the market.

Screenshot_20230325_153830_Chrome.jpg

What interests you in this bike?

It certainly doesn't appeal to me however I can see where the value lies. I've never ridden a lauf nore a look stead. Both higher end valued brands/items.

If you looking at something more bang for buck, look at a more mainstream brand as mentioned above.

1 hour ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

Those frames where over 40k a couple of years ago so I don't think 35k for a complete bike is to much. Just be sure of the size. Good bikes I know of a great mechanic from Bellville who races on one 😁 might be the best person to speek to about them. (Mark's bicycle workshop) 

Thanks, will contact him.

6 minutes ago, babse said:

What interests you in this bike?

It certainly doesn't appeal to me however I can see where the value lies. I've never ridden a lauf nore a look stead. Both higher end valued brands/items.

If you looking at something more bang for buck, look at a more mainstream brand as 

How the bike looks. It's so nice with carbon fibre and everything. But I get what you're saying. 

2 hours ago, V18 said:

Pretty nice hardtail. R35K is within the ballpark 

Thanks, will contact the owner.

1 hour ago, Theunissa said:

I don't know the bike but my opinion is for that price I would rather get a decent dual suspension secondhand. I mean. A new KTM Scarp is 44k. 

That's my problem, I already have a great dual sus mtb.( look at my profile... I am selling it). But it doesn't work for me I need to switch back to hardtail again.

I think it's fair use of the forum to come ask public opinion on value. Whish we stil had ad comments.

I wouldn't buy a carbon HT second hand for various reasons. Some anecdotally supported. 

But if light stiff hardtail for munga/k2c/361 etc is what you're looking for. 35k isn't bad all in. Given the components and frame are in good condition. 

3 minutes ago, V18 said:

I think it's fair use of the forum to come ask public opinion on value. Whish we stil had ad comments.

I wouldn't buy a carbon HT second hand for various reasons. Some anecdotally supported. 

But if light stiff hardtail for munga/k2c/361 etc is what you're looking for. 35k isn't bad all in. Given the components and frame are in good condition. 

Hi, It's for school mtb series. I bought a full carbon dual sus, but its not working. We don't have very rocky terrain. That's why I am looking for a carbon hardtail.

Pretty cool bike then. If I was lighter I'd love to try those lauf forks. The frame is a real eye-catcher. 

That is a very exotic fork. I think it’s what pushed the price to that point. If the bike suits your intentions than pull the trigger. I wouldn’t use it for anything execpt XC though.

6 minutes ago, V18 said:

Pretty cool bike then. If I was lighter I'd love to try those lauf forks. The frame is a real eye-catcher. 

Yes, it is indeed. I'm about 58kg would the lauf fork work for me?

Just now, DE Naude said:

That is a very exotic fork. I think it’s what pushed the price to that point. If the bike suits your intentions than pull the trigger. I wouldn’t use it for anything execpt XC though.

Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it!