Why are bicycle tyres so expensive?

DroppedRider

On 3/30/2023 at 1:34 PM, DieselnDust said:

as opposed to an nx or GX cassette that would likely have to repacked every 1-2 hrs

I have a RaceFace 32T upfront mated to an NX PG-1230.

Both have 7277 km's on and are still doing what I need them to do with very little trouble.

The chain is a SRAM NX 12-speed with 2466 km's and it too is chugging along without fail. This past weekend it took me up Irish all the way to Armageddon 6 and down again, and on Sunday I went playing at Bloemendal on the Flow Line and Lombard's Terra.

I'm not convinced on this hype of having to replace parts after x-amount of miles or else. . .

My bike is riding super smooth and handles all the slog this hooligan can throw at it without so much as a blink.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I have a RaceFace 32T upfront mated to an NX PG-1230.

Both have 7277 km's on and are still doing what I need them to do with very little trouble.

The chain is a SRAM NX 12-speed with 2466 km's and it too is chugging along without fail. This past weekend it took me up Irish all the way to Armageddon 6 and down again, and on Sunday I went playing at Bloemendal on the Flow Line and Lombard's Terra.

I'm not convinced on this hype of having to replace parts after x-amount of miles or else. . .

My bike is riding super smooth and handles all the slog this hooligan can throw at it without so much as a blink.

if sheldon says it's fine, it's fine

https://www.sheldonbrown.com/chain-wear.html

On 3/31/2023 at 2:01 PM, The Ouzo said:

still cheaper than bicycle tyres :)

I was on a site today, and saw a nice set of 5 brand spanking new MAXXIS .... nice large mud terrain on a 4x4 .....

its all relative .........