Advice needed (melted carbon rim)

Scott roy

5 hours ago, incubit_frame_services said:

Hi Scott,  this is repairable.  I've repaired a set of ENVE hoops with worse heat damage than this.  I took a chance as I though they were toast but I got them perfectly back in shape.  Have a look at the before and after.   Give me a shout at 0718903187 if you're keen on a quote.  Check out the rest of my work at https://instagram.com/incubit_frameservices?igshid=MmIzYWVlNDQ5Yg==

39E407FA-9D4A-420B-B679-8CA5D794B346_1_201_a.jpeg

48005D97-EB2C-4611-ADB1-B7A1E097DC68_1_201_a.jpeg

AF283375-DC47-436D-BCD8-51C729A41DC8_1_201_a.jpeg

0093AA1D-B6F6-4994-9451-514C4671EF57_1_201_a.jpeg

Been following these guys on IG looks like they do good work....need a quote for a touch up on a chip on a Supersix Evo Black

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, love2fly said:

Been following these guys on IG looks like they do good work....need a quote for a touch up on a chip on a Supersix Evo Black

Thanks😁

Drop me a WhatsApp and we can chat about your touch up at 0718903187

4 minutes ago, incubit_frame_services said:

Thanks😁

Drop me a WhatsApp and we can chat about your touch up at 0718903187

👍

4 hours ago, dasilvarsa said:

The problem is not while driving, the exhaust gas disperses.

The problem is when you stop to pay tolls etc. etc. when there is no wind. The Exhaust gas just stays at the exit of the pipe and gets hotter and hotter which is worse on a Turbo Diesel but can happen on a petrol as well.

Hold your hand behind a exhaust driving 120 and when it's idling and get back to us again with which one is hotter 🤦🏽

8 hours ago, incubit_frame_services said:

Hi Scott,  this is repairable.  I've repaired a set of ENVE hoops with worse heat damage than this.  I took a chance as I though they were toast but I got them perfectly back in shape.  Have a look at the before and after.   Give me a shout at 0718903187 if you're keen on a quote.  Check out the rest of my work at https://instagram.com/incubit_frameservices?igshid=MmIzYWVlNDQ5Yg==

39E407FA-9D4A-420B-B679-8CA5D794B346_1_201_a.jpeg

48005D97-EB2C-4611-ADB1-B7A1E097DC68_1_201_a.jpeg

AF283375-DC47-436D-BCD8-51C729A41DC8_1_201_a.jpeg

0093AA1D-B6F6-4994-9451-514C4671EF57_1_201_a.jpeg

Hi. This looks pretty good, I’m unsure that’s possible though since my whole rim is warped roughly 1cm or more within a short space ,also the one side is about 3-4mm lower roughly half of the rim now. But if it’s possible I’ll be interested for sure

12 hours ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

Hold your hand behind a exhaust driving 120 and when it's idling and get back to us again with which one is hotter 🤦🏽

Stop Being Obnoxious, Go Ride Your Bike You Getting Fat.

Untitled.png

13 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

Stop Being Obnoxious, Go Ride Your Bike You Getting Fat.

Untitled.png

Do you know why light is faster than sound... So that you at least appear to be bright but only until they hear you... 

42 minutes ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

Do you know why light is faster than sound... So that you at least appear to be bright but only until they hear you... 

well... that was savage. 🤣Deep Burn Anchorman GIF | GIFDB.com

14 hours ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

Correct. When a turbo is under boost it pushes a massive amount of heat through the exhaust, at idle you can hold your hand there no problem.

sort of related story*.

Have a mate who is in the boatbuilding industry. He got "given" a fancy S carbon bike with fancy carbon rims. There was a "nick/scratch/hairline crack" on the one, but he works on huge carbon masts so easy piece to sort out. Does his fixing stuff on it and puts it in the massive oven with the other pointy things to cure. Turns out it was totally different materials to what they normally use and the times and curing and temps yadda yadda was totally different. So when he goes to lift it out the oven the rim has the lateral strength of a pair of jeans and just folds in two in his hands. He had a mismatched alu/carbon wheelset for quite a while after that!

*as related in the yacht club bar, accuracy in no way guaranteed

3 hours ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

You must Post Something Original Sometimes. All you do is to jump onto someone else's post and Crit them usually Negatively.

When You driving at 120 Km/Hr down the Highway the Exhaust Gas is Blown Away Horizontally by the 120Km/hr  Wind Created Under the Car.

When You are Standing Still it The Exhaust Gas Rises Vertically Next to the Tailgate of the Vehicle. If there is Some Rubber or Carbon Nearby it Will get Burned.

If I had the Time I would Draw you a Picture but I need to go and Light the Braai.

Have you ever been at the back of a bakkie going at 120 Km/Hr ?

Edited by dasilvarsa

Now now kids. Remember this is an open forum and squabbling in public makes everyone else feel awkward. 

To solve the exhaust debate, everyone should have big chrome sidestacks. We could all then drive around looking like we are driving in optimus prime tooting horns at everyone safely knowing our cars were spewing exhaust junk up into the air far away from our precious bikes that we transport to ride.

Transporting transport. I love the irony.

3 hours ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

Man I used to love power balance bracelets. Similar theory you could spot one from a distance and immediately avoid conversating with an idiot.

40 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Now now kids. Remember this is an open forum and squabbling in public makes everyone else feel awkward. 

To solve the exhaust debate, everyone should have big chrome sidestacks. We could all then drive around looking like we are driving in optimus prime tooting horns at everyone safely knowing our cars were spewing exhaust junk up into the air far away from our precious bikes that we transport to ride.

Transporting transport. I love the irony.

You need those smoke stacks and side pipes so you can go around coal rolling priuses and EV's without dirtying the whole side of your compensation wagon...