Frame Protection

Phillippe Coetzee

Hi All

I was fortunate enough to be a owner of a new 2021 Giant Anthem Frame, but would love to get some sort of wrapping/protection for the frame to keep it clean for as long as possible. (My first frame that I own that is new so want to protect it from the start.)

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thank you, looking forward to the replies :) 

I self wrapped my frame in RideWrap. Really happy with it 9 months on. Not a single scratch and none of it has peeled or yellowed so far. It was a bit of a faff to install it but once you've done a couple of pieces, you get used to it and the rest is just a matter of taking it slow.

4 minutes ago, michaelbiker said:

I self wrapped my frame in RideWrap. Really happy with it 9 months on. Not a single scratch and none of it has peeled or yellowed so far. It was a bit of a faff to install it but once you've done a couple of pieces, you get used to it and the rest is just a matter of taking it slow.

I will have a look thank you 

46 minutes ago, Phillippe Coetzee said:

Thank you so much, have you used it before ?

Yep, had the clear set on my Cotic before I sold it. Held up really well. 

Just need to ensure the frame is properly clean and free from any oils. a little heat near the edges kept them from lifting

Also have Armour Ride and it has held up nicely , even on the bike’s funny angle areas. 
Not sure how patient you are but they also apply at a cost as well. 

1 minute ago, cadenceblur said:

Also have Armour Ride and it has held up nicely , even on the bike’s funny angle areas. 
Not sure how patient you are but they also apply at a cost as well. 

But they are in cpt correct ? 

4 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

Yes, but I think they have a national footprint via bikeshops, give them a shout 

Will do Thank you.

Armour ride if you want the stealth wrap effect. Not the toughest, but you can replace individual bits if they get damaged. Available in precut kits or as a complete frame wrap, not sure if they have people to apply the full kits outside of CT though. Give them a shout, they're pretty helpful in my experience.

AMS is as hard as a badger. Not subtle, but I've never seen it get damaged in a crash. Available in  bunch of different sizes, with patterns and such if that's your thing.

There are a few other DIY kits out there, but these are the top two that we've used.

11 minutes ago, droo said:

Armour ride if you want the stealth wrap effect. Not the toughest, but you can replace individual bits if they get damaged. Available in precut kits or as a complete frame wrap, not sure if they have people to apply the full kits outside of CT though. Give them a shout, they're pretty helpful in my experience.

AMS is as hard as a badger. Not subtle, but I've never seen it get damaged in a crash. Available in  bunch of different sizes, with patterns and such if that's your thing.

There are a few other DIY kits out there, but these are the top two that we've used.

I must say I love the AMS kits, looking at the TOTAL kit, covers a lot of the frame. Looking at getting the clear one because I am in love with my frames color.

https://99spokes.com/en/bikes/giant/2021/anthem-advanced-pro-29-1

I think Ill give the AMS a go. 

AMS is bomb proof , had that previously, only went with Armour as I did my whole bike whereas I just had AMS on certain areas, also more forgiving to apply 

My bike has full armour ride cover and I have had the misfortune of "testing" it. 

Fell and bar turned around dragging shifter/brake over the frame. I had to force it back. Not a mark, can't even see anything on the protective wrap. 👍🏻

They definitely have two thumbs-up from me. 👍🏻👍🏻

Ill give them (armour ride) a call tomorrow, but yeah I am stuck in Centurion, I know courier is a option but yea thats Probably another R500 exercise to courier and courier back.