Leatt Group Ride Series @ MTO Jonkershoek

Warren  Melissa Go Riding

image.jpeg.1880f3fb9aff7cab716eb08a7687ef62.jpeg

Hi All,

For those in the Cape, please come join our group ride at Jonkers on the 26th August. Other than your permit cost, its free!

We are trying to create a safe environment for weekend warriors to come and experience different mtb venues. We provide the coaches, guides, brands and you get to ride with like minded people and be exposed to brands and products that you would normally not see without going into a store.

We are also trying to break the stigma that you have to pay to ride safely in a group.

This is for you the mountain biker and its all about you on the day.

MASSIVE thanks to all the coaches and vendors who have donated their time for the greater good. Without them, this would not be possible.

We cant wait to see you there!

W&M

Excited for this!😎

Can I ask that this time the lead riders for each group do a track walk or explanation of each section, best routes, risks etc so we can learn from the pros and then put it to practice?

The Conties ride was great but there was no teaching involved and the fast guys just sped away at each stage. 😅

Jonkers can be intimidating so would be cool to learn on the day. 😎🤘

1 minute ago, Graham S said:

The Conties ride was great but there was no teaching involved and the fast guys just sped away at each stage. 

I got spat out the back by all the eBikers on Conties day. Made the mistake to try keep up on  the first switchback climb. I nearly had a coronary event. Dunno if I'm willing to do that to myself again.

The lesson I learnt on that day was to not ride with eBikers if you're Amish.

1 minute ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I got spat out the back by all the eBikers on Conties day. Made the mistake to try keep up on  the first switchback climb. I nearly had a coronary event. Dunno if I'm willing to do that to myself again.

The lesson I learnt on that day was to not ride with eBikers if you're Amish.

Haha yeah exactly that! Got to the last climb up to the mast and noped out of that right away, was so rekt after all the climbing, I rather did Black Rhino 2 and went back for a beer 😅

1 minute ago, Graham S said:

Haha yeah exactly that! Got to the last climb up to the mast and noped out of that right away, was so rekt after all the climbing, I rather did Black Rhino 2 and went back for a beer 😅

I made it to the top of Rhino 2 just in time for the bunch to get there from the bottom of Happy Hops. Ended up settling for beer and pizza as well. At least I got me a lekker Leatt helmet and some Deathgrips for a bargain, so it was a fun day out. 

8 hours ago, Warren Melissa Go Riding said:

image.jpeg.1880f3fb9aff7cab716eb08a7687ef62.jpeg

Hi All,

For those in the Cape, please come join our group ride at Jonkers on the 26th August. Other than your permit cost, its free!

We are trying to create a safe environment for weekend warriors to come and experience different mtb venues. We provide the coaches, guides, brands and you get to ride with like minded people and be exposed to brands and products that you would normally not see without going into a store.

We are also trying to break the stigma that you have to pay to ride safely in a group.

This is for you the mountain biker and its all about you on the day.

MASSIVE thanks to all the coaches and vendors who have donated their time for the greater good. Without them, this would not be possible.

We cant wait to see you there!

W&M

If you get me to do the rock drop on iron monkey without ded’ing…i’ll buy you a beer? 😅

Some constructive feedback:

kind of have to agree  with some of the sentiments here. On a big day out like jonkers, It’s hard keeping up with the ebikes going up. Its unavoidable.

I guess Its like when i ride with my wife…i get annoyed with how slow we are going haha.
So i guess it’s relatable. But still.

Maybe something to consider going forward. It makes it feel slightly less accessible. 

Edited by MORNE

Hey guys. Thank you so much for the feedback.

We hear you. Its so difficult balancing out the two types of bikes while still giving everyone a great experience. 

For this ride we having a coach leading the group and sweepers at the back to keep everyone together. We hoping that controls the pace and keeps everyone together.

We really want it to be a great day for everyone, so would appreciate your support.

:) 

21 hours ago, Graham S said:

Excited for this!😎

Can I ask that this time the lead riders for each group do a track walk or explanation of each section, best routes, risks etc so we can learn from the pros and then put it to practice?

The Conties ride was great but there was no teaching involved and the fast guys just sped away at each stage. 😅

Jonkers can be intimidating so would be cool to learn on the day. 😎🤘

Second this - some (expert?) advice would be much appreciated.

So our plan is that we going to film the advanced beginners and intermediate tracks on sat and then you can watch the video and highlight what you want the coaches to show you. We can discuss this before each of the groups leave so that we can set expectations.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...