Sani2C - Gravel Bike??

Charity85

Are you allowed to ride curly bars at the event?

I know some MTB races have it written in the rules that only MTB/straight bars are allowed.

Just something to consider.

In my youth, I always advocated under biking as being RAD!

My rigid SS did all the major stage races, RASA, big and small 1 day races and even raced some Enduro's.

In my 40s I would advocate comfort and less suffering (says the guy who rides a BMX everywhere).

It definitely Can be done, but whether the race allows it is your first hurdle. After that it's just a case of how much cement tea you drink or how much you enjoy being an idiot.

Me? I'm just an idiot

Sani is not that hard, more serious injuries happen because you going pretty fast when you wipe out because of a small tree stump, or sandy patch on a corner.

If you normally ride certain bike (i.e. gravel bike or HT) at a bike park or MTB races, you'll be fine.

They will have to rename the Sani the Gravel to C after this thread... From what I recall of the route its nothing like the Cape which actually has rocks and things and where suspension works overtime.  I reckon you should go for it. 

19 hours ago, Headshot said:

They will have to rename the Sani the Gravel to C after this thread... From what I recall of the route its nothing like the Cape which actually has rocks and things and where suspension works overtime.  I reckon you should go for it. 

The Cape trails ??All manicured rock less single tract with a water fountain and sunblock station every ten km .Not to mention the flower beds and warning signs for crickets and tortoises crossing .At CTCT I was profoundly shocked at the locals comments at the terrible south easter that ate away their final times .For me it was a gentle fresh breeze and would not want it otherwise