Possible scam

MikeK

If you see a WhatsApp like this I would think this is a scam right ? 

That is a fair price, but I won’t be able to come view it myself because I am away from home at the moment but I shall arrange for a private shipping agency to come for the pick up
You can send me your bank details with email so I can proceed with the payment

sounds like a classic scam to me …..

No details on FB profile and has a Uk cell number 

Edited by MikeK

+1 for Hub Pay or go the simple rule of "payment before and collection only when the money reflects into my account and cleared by my bank". 

Has to be said with the exchange rate heading toward the R25 / £1 I've seen alot more companies advertising for SA based workers on UK projects and paying very little in £. Not sure if you'd get many UK buyers of kit from down here, our market is still pretty expensive compared to the UK second hand market and then there is shipping cost. 

What is it you're selling? 

Let them pay,wait till money reflects.

If doesn't,don't release bike.

Or wait,maybe they just want your bank details and potentially commit fraud with it.

Yes, bikehubpay

Thanks everyone - I confronted him on this and he hasn’t replied  - there sure are some low down dirty scammers out there …. Idiots heh what has this world become?

4 hours ago, MikeK said:

If you see a WhatsApp like this I would think this is a scam right ? 

That is a fair price, but I won’t be able to come view it myself because I am away from home at the moment but I shall arrange for a private shipping agency to come for the pick up
You can send me your bank details with email so I can proceed with the payment

sounds like a classic scam to me …..

No details on FB profile and has a Uk cell number 

Dude, report the whatsapp nr and block m'a dude, we get them a fair amount especially from Gumtree.

And if you have true caller report as scammer aswell for everyone els they actually get through to aswell !!!

Okes like to call and say 'Hi I want to buy the bike" 

And naturally I ask which one Cause there is always more than one up for sale and they have never been able to answer me then I just put the phone down next to me and waste their airtime xD