MTB Grips

Furbz

13 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Are they slip on rubber grips?  These are generally pretty budget and can stretch, albeit they are comfortable enough. 
Slip them off, place one or two narrow strips of insulation tape on the bars, douse bars and grips with hairspray and pop the grips on. Leave to dry overnight, sorted. 

Yeah slip on. Given the bikes I’d assume pretty budget. 
will try your trick. Not sure where id get hairspray though. 

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

Yeah slip on. Given the bikes I’d assume pretty budget. 
will try your trick. Not sure where id get hairspray though. 

I bought a can just for fitting grips🤣 it's cheap available at any shop and works great for stopping grips from moving. 

I just fitted a new set of ESI grips and forgot just how comfy they are. If you have big hands or looking for serious comfort Mega Fat Paw from Wolftooth those are so serious chunky grips. 

ODi Reflex grips are great if you're looking to absorb some chatter but they are beefy. 

I've always ridden grips with a flange but they are getting harder and harder to find these days. Not the greatest fan of Death Grips but even they becoming sparse. Deity used to make great ones (enoki), ODI do the longneck but they aren't that comfy, Pro do a mini flange one but they look pretty awful and I can't find stock (the lbs phoned the agent and he didn't event know they made them). Any one seen any other lock ons locally? 

I'd love to be able to get PNW grips here but the exchange rate would slaughter them, great company, killer looks, need to stop messing about with that mini flange and grow it out a bit.

PNWLoamGrip_b672908e-814a-4f86-8acc-fc3265ecabc2.png.f34f2f0e46beb93ee7116ad7ad406c01.png

Been very happy with Burhtec soft compound , before I was on Spez enduro grips which are spectacular but near impossible to find ( usually bought from stellenbosch and couried them up ) 

Would LOVE to try Rev grips but they're already expensive before importing :(

I used to have many problems with grips, tried the Lizzard Transfix grips, they have the gel pad design. They are pretty cheap too, but hard to find. If you come across them, buy a few sets. I bought 8 sets the last time, gave a few to my mates, but still have some left.

So I ended up with Ergon GA3

that mini wing really sold it for me

I’ll report back on how they go

not cheap at R800 

IMG_2991.jpeg.f62a88c80e0d24608afb46feec75d952.jpeg

Just swapped my ESi grips for a set of these DMR Grid grips and couldn't be happier.

The rubber micro ridges are super soft and absorb vibes, and the grid section offers excellent grip for the fingers.

Yes, I got this bright blue - looks sweet on my purple Cotic Simple.

DMR-GRID-Grips-web-Blue.jpg

So far my favourites are syncros foam grips ,those octagonal kind of ones. Not easy to find though. Super comfy, my hands get sore quickly but not with those. 

I've run a few varieties over the years. My favourites have been:

Easton Lock-On

Used them on my previous enduro bike. They come in 2 external diameters (30mm and 33mm). I preferred the 33mm as it's more padded and opens up ones grip slightly, allowing more blood flow, and less hand fatigue when white-knuckle riding.

Easton Lock-On Grips Blue - 33mm [7021593] at BikeTiresDirect

ODI Rogue Lock-On

Used them on my downhill bike. also slightly larger diameter (33mm) so similar benefits to the above. Grip pattern fares well when it's muddy (foam grips can become like bars of soap in the mud).

I liked them so much, I even had the MX version on my enduro dirt-bike!

ODI Rogue Lock-on Grips– Pushbikes

ODI SDG Lock-On

Use them on my slopestyle bike. Smaller diameter (31mm) for that little bit more wrap around.

Odi SDG MTB Lock-On Lime Green w/Black - BCsport.no

ODI Elite Pro

Have these on my current enduro bike. 32mm diameter, so a nice in-between. The grid on the underside offers great grip for one's fingertips.

ODI Elite Pro V2.1 Lock-On MTB Grips

Edited by patches