Rear Tyre Options needed

Dirt Tracker

16 hours ago, Headshot said:

Order in a 2.3 Aggressor. Great fast rolling rear tyre.  Sadly Rush has stopped importing them.

Funnily enough I was going to ask about the aggressor. I’ve been narrowing down the options and that was getting higher up the list. Seems a decent option for sure and there seem to be a fair few around online. Might pick up a couple.  Shame so many decent models have stopped coming in. e*13 seem to have some great front and rear options and  I’m pretty sure none are coming in to sa. 

1 hour ago, Dirt Tracker said:

Funnily enough I was going to ask about the aggressor. I’ve been narrowing down the options and that was getting higher up the list. Seems a decent option for sure and there seem to be a fair few around online. Might pick up a couple.  Shame so many decent models have stopped coming in. e*13 seem to have some great front and rear options and  I’m pretty sure none are coming in to sa. 

It's a great hard-wearing tyre as the centre knobs are much harder compound than say  a DHR 2. I've used up my last one and am about to test my bike with a used 2.5 Assegai out back... not looking forward to the added weight and drag inducing tread pattern.

One benefit of having to nerd out on tyres for the last few days is I not only have a list of decent rear tyres I want to try but a longer list of new model front rubber that I'm super keen to check out. Keen to look at a Onza Ibex / Porcupine combo (is it's a skinny 2.4 rear), E*13 Grappler or All Mountain as well as a Vittoria Martello and a couple of the newer WTBs and.. and... and... 🤣

Just Get an IKON 2.35 3C MaxSpeed EXO TR It will Fit and You don't Need Aggressive on the Back.

Cheap Enough to Change once the soft Compound has Worn. Avoid the Muddy Spots and Enough Grip and Speed is Delivered. Excellent for Climbing at 2.2 Bar. I use it on the back for XCO Track.

Went with an Aggressor 2.3 for the moment and put in an order for a E*13 SS and the new E*13 Grappler and Optimus via mate courier from the UK. 

Summit Bikes had the Agg' for R700 so was worth a go to see how it rides and can always look for some thing different like a Purg' or a Ardent Race if its too burly.