Discovery Vitality weekly goal cap

11 minutes ago, Frosty said:

If you get 300 points for a 5h ride, you aren’t on the endurance option. You have to apply for it, and you have to be able to ride at a certain km/h average in “qualifying races”.

their blurb states '90min of vigorous activity' recorded on a device. Or some races as you say... 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was referring to this blurb, to join the performance category; they refer to 2018 event (outdated in 2024).

Vitality high performers

This category within Vitality is by application only. As well as completing a simple eligibility questionnaire online to ensure that it is safe to exercise for long durations, eligibility will also be based on 2018 race event participation or device-recorded vigorous workouts of at least 90 minutes. Members wishing to be part of this category will be asked to satisfy ongoing eligibility criteria. Members who are at-risk with certain chronic conditions, health concerns during pregnancy, or members aged 65+ with risk factors are not eligible for the Endurance and High Performance category.
IMG_2572.png.c79e4258bcf0bf00f0e0dcbd1c24b915.png

38 minutes ago, Vaultboy said:

How does that work then for XC, where my average speed might be around 16km/h?  

I don’t know; I’m not a high performance athlete, so stick to the 900 point goal.

I can only relay information that I see on their webpage/app. It was meant to be for athletes that ride long and easy, but use a generic 220-age formula.

Signing up as an endurance rider should be a no brainer - doing a 2 hour ride for 300 points when you can do the same for 600 points. Yes your weekly goal increases to 1200 but to get the additional 300 points is a 1 hour IDT session. 

Also ways of doing a 1 hr session and record a 1.5 hr session for 450 points - But lets no go into all the point hacks, as i'm sure Disco follows these threads 👀 

2 hours ago, madmarc said:

Signing up as an endurance rider should be a no brainer - doing a 2 hour ride for 300 points when you can do the same for 600 points. Yes your weekly goal increases to 1200 but to get the additional 300 points is a 1 hour IDT session. 

Also ways of doing a 1 hr session and record a 1.5 hr session for 450 points - But lets no go into all the point hacks, as i'm sure Disco follows these threads 👀 

1 hour at 119 bpm gets 300 points (70% of 220-age); being a relatively, fit toppie has its advantage. 😊

10 hours ago, Frosty said:

1 hour at 119 bpm gets 300 points (70% of 220-age); being a relatively, fit toppie has its advantage. 😊

Mine is 110 which i can get to with a moderate walk 👴