Discovery Vitality weekly goal cap

Hi all ,Discovery weakly goal amount 600 points was the max...regardless if you did 1200 for the week your goal was only 600 ....my wife doesn't exercises as frequentlly as I do and all a sudden her weekly goal is being pushed up and currently is  at 750 ?? My cap is still 600 very weird .

On query she was told if she didnt exercise for two weeks it would go down 🤣bit of a conundrum as the whole point of the rewards are to encourage you to exercise .

Anybody else experiencing similair issues .

Sorry if this question has been raised recentlly  aftef seaching forems i can't seem to see anything similar 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there, 

Unless they changed it (I don't think they have). Then no, the weekly goal increases and decreases to stay in line with the amount of training you do or don't do. The limit if memory serves is 1200 & the more you train the closer it gets to the max. If you then get injured or take a break the limit decreases to allow you to reach the goal faster and this then encourages you to train more often :D. Just imagine how deflating it will be if you come back after a break and you have to klap 1200 points to reach your goal 

The cap is 900 points per week. It will never go more than this (for now) unless you choose the endurance option where it increases to 1200. If she is exercising more, the target will go up until it hits 900.

Discovery is quite clever with this basically fit people training correctly are incapable of hitting those targets because they require a HR over X percent.

i remember doing 4 hour zone 2 rides and getting nothing for it because my average heart rate was not high enough.

if I tried to hit their mark I’d have burnt out in a month.

also have high level fitness mates who went for that health test. They failed it on the HR test. Effectively their HR never went up during that walking test so their recovery HR was low and thus a poor fitness result is given.

i gave up in the end on discovery. 
although i do see they have an endurance option - maybe they have listened?

it’s been a while… 

happy Friday!

Edited by Furbz

30 minutes ago, Furbz said:

i remember doing 4 hour zone 2 rides and getting nothing for it because my average heart rate was not high enough.

a

Subject to confirmation, but from next year they (Vitality) will acknowledge / give points for the longer, slower rides that don't have the high heart rate.

With the latest changes, Vitality Status no longer plays such a big role in benefits, it is now more linked to the card / banking.

26 minutes ago, shaper said:

I disagree that it is difficult, I hit 900 points every week without issue or burnout. Currently sitting on 410 weeks streak!

Screenshot_20231020_084324_Discovery Bank.jpg

You and me both… 410 goals and no burnout. 

Hi Shaper ...heart rate and monitering aside ,that's not my issue ...i regularlly excede the 1200 points awarded exrcise for the week ,will accumulate for the years total (36000 points )...however my wealky  goal remains at 600 points required for the week ..in order to get my one play tile reward...it jumps to 600 from the beginning of the year and stays there.

My wife on the otherhand has had the goal increasing ...she was on 200 and then it up progressively and is now sitting on 750?..if she now does extra exercise for the week and achieves 800 are they pushing her weekly goal to 800?

Chers H

Edited by HowardSteele

22 minutes ago, HowardSteele said:

Hi Shaper ...heart rate and monitering aside ,that's not my issue ...i regularlly excede the 1200 points awarded exrcise for the week ,will accumulate for the years total (36000 points )...however my wealky  goal remains at 600 points required for the week ..in order to get my one play tile reward...it jumps to 600 from the beginning of the year and stays there.

My wife on the otherhand has had the goal increasing ...she was on 200 and then it up progressively and is now sitting on 750?..if she now does extra exercise for the week and achieves 800 are they pushing her weekly goal to 800?

Chers H

This is probably the reason: 

• The weekly maximum goal for at-risk members with certain chronic conditions, health concerns during pregnancy, or members aged 65+ with risk factors is 600 points.

53 minutes ago, shaper said:

I disagree that it is difficult, I hit 900 points every week without issue or burnout. Currently sitting on 410 weeks streak!

Screenshot_20231020_084324_Discovery Bank.jpg

🤯impressive! Don't you ever get sick?

28 minutes ago, HowardSteele said:

Chers H

There must be an error here as the whole point of it was to entice you to exercise more by increasing your goal the fitter you get.

If you’re stuck at 600, then clearly something is wrong but I wouldn’t bother querying it as you are the one benefitting. Your wife’s one is working correctly. It will stop at 900 points once she hits that target.

1 hour ago, Furbz said:

Discovery is quite clever with this basically fit people training correctly are incapable of hitting those targets because they require a HR over X percent.

also have high level fitness mates who went for that health test. They failed it on the HR test. Effectively their HR never went up during that walking test so their recovery HR was low and thus a poor fitness result is given.

it’s been a while… 

happy Friday!

I mean if it’s if your rides are more than 90 minutes then defineitely swop over to endurance option. Your target then increases to 1200 but you can then earn 600 points for an exercise at a lower intensity.

7 minutes ago, Jono said:

This is probably the reason: 

• The weekly maximum goal for at-risk members with certain chronic conditions, health concerns during pregnancy, or members aged 65+ with risk factors is 600 points.

Strange i certainlly don't qualify for those ( not pegnant )but have chronic meds subscribed for cholestrol ,unless it has taken prostate cancer into account...my wife on the other hand has medical issues ,high blood pressere ,high choleastrol and on chronic meds for both 🤔

We,ll have to contact them with regards a medical issue .

And hopefully they review it .

Thanks everyone sofar for the imput.

1 hour ago, Furbz said:

it’s been a while… 

happy Friday!

If you opt for the Endurance option, there is an additional points earning band for 60-70% of max HR workouts. This solves the problem of long sessions at low HR.

As far as I know the regular option only earns points for sessions above 70% max HR.

I decided a good few years ago to NOT live my life according to Discovery. My life improved. I suppose I'm just an dog who doesn't like jumping through flaming hoops.

3 minutes ago, DJR said:

I decided a good few years ago to NOT live my life according to Discovery. My life improved. I suppose I'm just a dog who doesn't like jumping through flaming hoops.

With or without them, I’d still be doing the same thing, except driving at/under the speed limit.

Oh, and probably paying another company a big chunk of my monthly pittance, instead of them.