The Munga 2023

JohanDiv

1 hour ago, DJuice said:

Bump

Come on fellow Hubbers, lets support @Jewbacca

I have seen and contributed to a few fund raising efforts on BikeHub to the benefit of complete strangers. This is now the time to support an old faithful.

@Jewbaccais a long time member, contributor and have done his part for various causes and gave us all a laugh along the rode and many to come on his way to Munga 2024.

Our current effort...we are not even at WP1. @Jewbaccacan in all probability wheelie all the way to WP1.

Thank you @DJuice!

I will try to register with SPCA this week and take up the mantle from Gemmer.

Hoping we can get there and get pedalling for pooches again!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Thank you @DJuice!

I will try to register with SPCA this week and take up the mantle from Gemmer.

Hoping we can get there and get pedalling for pooches again!

just a sidenote, i might be on the start line, but there is no reason we cannot have 2 campaigns going. i will contribute to your gofundme in the next day or 2.

6 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

just a sidenote, i might be on the start line, but there is no reason we cannot have 2 campaigns going. i will contribute to your gofundme in the next day or 2.

Gemmer, you are amazing.

I look forward to hopefully meeting you next year!

11 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Gemmer, you are amazing.

dude, if you do 1132km on a bmx, i will start praying to Jewbacca!

15 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Gemmer, you are amazing.

any time! i have had so much support from the Hub and the Wilddog Forum, its absolutely amazing and sincerely humbling.

2 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

dude, if you do 1132km on a bmx, i will start praying to Jewbacca!

Thou shalt not worship no false Billy Idol!!!

I have to figure out the seatpost/saddle height. Being able to sit and pedal will be important and my bodged effort broke the other day. 

I have an idea to slot a 30.9 seatpost OVER a 27.2 one with the top cut off. I'll figure that out the next couple of weeks too.

I'm still a few weeks away from riding outdoors due to my broken elbow, hitting the trainer most days with one hand on the bars

10 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Thou shalt not worship no false Billy Idol!!! LOL

I have to figure out the seatpost/saddle height. Being able to sit and pedal will be important and my bodged effort broke the other day. 

I have an idea to slot a 30.9 seatpost OVER a 27.2 one with the top cut off. I'll figure that out the next couple of weeks too.

I'm still a few weeks away from riding outdoors due to my broken elbow, hitting the trainer most days with one hand on the bars

i havent ridden a bmx since like 1991 or something so i wont be of any use commenting on your setup. i would however say to you, given the magnitude of things, if you choose to rather not do it on a bmx, it would still be ok my books. im not passing judgement, just making an honest observation.

42 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

i havent ridden a bmx since like 1991 or something so i wont be of any use commenting on your setup. i would however say to you, given the magnitude of things, if you choose to rather not do it on a bmx, it would still be ok my books. im not passing judgement, just making an honest observation.

I am pretty sure I can make the BMX 'Munga capable'

I already have adapted tubeless 20x2.25 tires and disc brakes. 

If I can sort out the seated position and get the frame bags sewn up I reckon it won't be too bad

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I am pretty sure I can make the BMX 'Munga capable'

I already have adapted tubeless 20x2.25 tires and disc brakes. 

If I can sort out the seated position and get the frame bags sewn up I reckon it won't be too bad

you're one crazy brave mofo

Will see what my expected incentive actually comes back as this month and then make a small contribution. Need to save some of it for March.

B.T.W. was thinking about perhaps trying to raise funds for a needy cause with one a two of my races, but have no idea where to start. What are the ins and outs of doing this ?

7 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

you're one crazy brave mofo

Will see what my expected incentive actually comes back as this month and then make a small contribution. Need to save some of it for March.

B.T.W. was thinking about perhaps trying to raise funds for a needy cause with one a two of my races, but have no idea where to start. What are the ins and outs of doing this ?

You are a legend!

To register to become a donor/fund raiser, one generally approaches the charity and they set everything up, give you a link to spread around  and people can donate via the charity portal assigned to your profile.

It's not a complicated process in most cases as it is something most of the bigger charities rely on.

I still have my SPCA trail shirt,  so I think I'm sorted re apparel and support. Just  need to re-set my profile for 2024.

I could do a series of idiot things on a 20" bike to make it fun. But money's too tight to mention at the moment, so in order for this to get off the ground O do need this to get off the ground.... if that makes sense!

9 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

You are a legend!

To register to become a donor/fund raiser, one generally approaches the charity and they set everything up, give you a link to spread around  and people can donate via the charity portal assigned to your profile.

It's not a complicated process in most cases as it is something most of the bigger charities rely on.

I still have my SPCA trail shirt,  so I think I'm sorted re apparel and support. Just  need to re-set my profile for 2024.

I could do a series of idiot things on a 20" bike to make it fun. But money's too tight to mention at the moment, so in order for this to get off the ground O do need this to get off the ground.... if that makes sense!

Any specific sub-section of the forum to start a thread for a fund raiser ? 

@Matt ?  (CTCT charity ride)

Edited by ChrisF

8 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Any specific sub-section of the forum to start a thread for a fund raiser ? 

@Matt ?  (CTCT charity ride)

I think it's general chit chat?

I sent you a message, but it's one of those non sales related ones so you probably won't find it hahahaha

1 minute ago, dardo82 said:

Completely do-ableWhatsAppImage2023-12-07at13_52.06_3e16e9b3.jpg.c6f7840d2e31282bc69715ce6fc8b0a4.jpg

Those seatposts are 100% not available to the general mouth breathing public!

That is a beast of a bike. I have huge bike and seatpost envy!