Bike Hub 2023: Year in Review

News bot

As 2023 draws to a close, let’s rewind the past 12 months on Bike Hub. This year, events continued their comeback: a welcome return to some semblance of normalcy. However, the supply chain challenges of 2020-2022 transformed into a global oversupply issue, impacting numerous brands. This shift prompted major players to implement significant price reductions in a bid to clear excess stock. Against this backdrop we delve into our numbers to see how the market dynamics played out on Bike Hub in 2023. Headline Statistics Classifieds Activity We saw a whopping R237 million in sales proactively confirmed by users. Thats […]

View full article

“We saw a whopping R237 million in sales proactively confirmed by users. Thats nearly R20 million a month”

Sooooo 😇

How much does le bike hub make out of this?

18 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

“We saw a whopping R237 million in sales proactively confirmed by users. Thats nearly R20 million a month”

Sooooo 😇

Think that’s just the value on marking things sold and not putting in how much they got low balled by.. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

5 minutes ago, Michael Dewing said:

Think that’s just the value on marking things sold and not putting in how much they got low balled by.. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

You forget that Bike Hub Pay has the ACTUAL amounts, for the sales that use this option.

If nothing else, this must give them a good indication of advertised vs sold prices.

6 minutes ago, Michael Dewing said:

Correct, this figure is the listed at price and not necessarily the final selling price. 

We have data for a small but meaningful sample (1,200 transactions) and the difference was just 5.11%, i.e. selling price on average just 5.11% lower than listed price.

In 2022 that difference was 4.2% across a similar number of transactions.

6 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

You forget that Bike Hub Pay has the ACTUAL amounts, for the sales that use this option.

If nothing else, this must give them a good indication of advertised vs sold prices.

Well I Wonder what the percentage of sales using bike hub pay compares to the offline payments to complete the sale.. 

I’ve never used it

On 12/14/2023 at 2:33 PM, SwissVan said:

Sooooo 😇

"How much does le bike hub make out of this?"

I certainly hope they are making enough, and a good bit more as a reward for first creating this site and evolving it to where it is today.

4 hours ago, Shebeen said:

i just came here to make sure I wasn't on the list of top posters. mission accomplished

so did I, but could not find the list of heavy commentors 

• 2 weeks later...