Cyclelab

JJDT

What started out to be excellent service initially is now poor.

I need a new BB for my MTB and I'm also in the process of buying extra parts that I will need in the next few months. Wednesday started browsing for parts and saw a statement by Cycle Lab stating that they will match the price with some T&C's. The online consultant explained the process and within 60minutes after providing the details I received an e-mail stating that the parts needed is in my cart(prices matched). Thursday morning proceeded with the order and a while later received an e-mail stating that not all the parts are at the Fourways store, but will be sourced at another branch and that there is a 48 hour turnaround time. I would've only managed to fetch the parts on Saturday so this would've been perfect. Never received a confirmation that the parts has arrived by Saturday morning and at around noon replied to the initial e-mail requesting feedback on the part sourcing as 48 hours has now been surpassed, but never received any feedback.

This morning received an exact e-mail that I received on Thursday morning stating that not all the parts are available in store and that there is a 48 hour turnaround time. Replied on the mail stating that I'm not happy, but still no feedback.

To summarise if I had place my order with the shop that I did my price match with, I would've received my order today and with shipping included I would've still saved R90 from the original CL price. The price match was for me the convenience factor that I was heading in the direction of CL and would just pop in and get my parcel.

The last 8 months dealing with CL with various issues that ended in chaos. Each time it was just a mess and this time I'm really calling it a day with them, even if they are closer to home I will rather plan and source my parts online even if it means that I will pay more with shipping it will beat the shopping experience of CL.

Sho, I am having the exact same experience.

Bought items online from them on the 14th of January. Same email, some stock will come from Cape Town, Boksburg and some from Pretoria.

I received the Boksburg portion a few days later but being told that a lock is not in stock and supplier will only have stock beginning Feb.

Pretoria is telling me I have to pay in on a bag I ordered and paid for as the price on their website was wrong. I declined and advised that they advertised it at that price (thus the reason for the purchase) and that they will need to sort it out. Then got told supplier only has stock end of Jan and never heard back from the Pretoria branch.

Not sure how you put items up for sale, are happy to take our money and then just give us not proper communication (I had to initiate comms everytime) and proceed to tell us you don't have stock?

My amazon order from the US was delivered 4 days after purchase. I have always been an advocate for supporting local businesses but the service has been quite laughable.

I'm still waiting for my stuff going on 2 weeks this Sunday.
CL won't see my business again.

I feel your pain JJDT.

2 hours ago, babse said:

I once ordered a set of rotors from CL and they sent me 2x chainrings.

Never had what i actually ordered and refund took another 2 weeks.

Last time i used them 🙂

Well in their defense: both items are round:oops:

This is why I hate CL price matching. It takes turnover away from the lbs that had stock, with an honest margin, and turns it into more sales at the mega store with bad service, who won’t even remember your name in a few months. 

build a relationship with your lbs rather. Could have saved you a lot of las, and when you really need them, they’ll know who you are.

Well i have a good relationship with my lbs but he knows he has to give me the best possible price when i walk in. He nows that if it is alot cheaper elsewhere i will buy it there. I recently gat a cassette and chain from CL(not pricematch just on special) and service was good and speedy delivery. But i will rather use pricematch from my LBs and support him that going to pricematch from CL. 

3 hours ago, HenkD said:

Well i have a good relationship with my lbs but he knows he has to give me the best possible price when i walk in. He nows that if it is alot cheaper elsewhere i will buy it there. I recently gat a cassette and chain from CL(not pricematch just on special) and service was good and speedy delivery. But i will rather use pricematch from my LBs and support him that going to pricematch from CL. 

Price match is not always possible for a small LBS, so then you must decide if you’re willing to pay a premium to keep a local relationship. Before CRC fell to bits, my bike mechanic used to sometimes send me there to buy the parts for cheaper than his cost price and then he charged me his hourly rate to do the work 

23 hours ago, babse said:

I once ordered a set of rotors from CL and they sent me 2x chainrings.

Never had what i actually ordered and refund took another 2 weeks.

Last time i used them 🙂

Why didn't you start a thread and trash them on social media while calling them thieves ?
🤡