Ford South Africa Signs as Title Sponsor Of The Trailseeker Series

News bot

On 1/24/2024 at 1:37 PM, The Ouzo said:

having wasted many hours on golf courses doing just that, I can assure you that this only ticks the box that says "i tried something different that was not a mall display"

Golf days are piss ups and ego stroking days, you dont sell cars doing this.

FORD was WORKING this opportunity !!!!!

Displays at about 4 or 5 points.

A FORD tented area ....

You could book test drives .....

I was expecting a few vehicles and two or three people handing out business cards ....

NOPE - they WORKED the crowd !!!

Well done to them.

And a BIG THANKS for keeping these events a-FORD-able for cyclists :clap:

On 1/27/2024 at 8:27 PM, ChrisF said:

FORD was WORKING this opportunity !!!!!

Displays at about 4 or 5 points.

A FORD tented area ....

You could book test drives .....

I was expecting a few vehicles and two or three people handing out business cards ....

NOPE - they WORKED the crowd !!!

Well done to them.

And a BIG THANKS for keeping these events a-FORD-able for cyclists :clap:

They should try VIP parking to anyone who arrives in one of their vehicles. uh mean okes would moan, but why not?!

19 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

They should try VIP parking to anyone who arrives in one of their vehicles. uh mean okes would moan, but why not?!

It is probably not far off. Advendurance did it for Toyota for the Warrior races a few years back already, So it was likely tabled as a possibility.

On 1/23/2024 at 8:14 AM, Dappere said:

+1

Ford's on a pretty solid streak in South Africa now, lining up nicely with their goal to boost their market profile. They had a belter in 2023 with their Ranger model – sales were up by a whopping 41% from 2022. In the bigger picture, their total sales increase was a modest 0.5% over the previous year, but that's not too shabby. Considering the overall car market took a dip of 3.1% at one point in the year, Ford's keeping its head above water pretty well.

It's great to see big players like Ford getting involved in cycling events. It's a win-win – helping to grow the sport and also providing vital support to the people organising these fantastic events.

It is impressive considering they had no passenger cars (except the Mustang) to offer their customers

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Not gonna lie, was a bit disappointed when I rocked up there in my new Ford and did not get any special privileges.

15 minutes ago, Eugene said:

It is impressive considering they had no passenger cars (except the Mustang) to offer their customers

They also had the Puma on display.

But it was next to the bridge, outside the Ranger camp.

Only saw it because my vehicle was 10m from it.