99er Cycle Tour 2024

K20Champ

2 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

Makes sense, though I think the general confusion is that a lot of people (including myself) have a much better index than last year (even taking penalties, etc into account), and yet have dropped 1 to 2 batches.

Oh well...

Likely due to the mentioned lack of clashing events this year there are more strong riders entered filling the first 3 groups.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, K20Champ said:

Still not convinced that the whole FinishTime timing system and seedings is at the level it should be. 

2022 seeded in the A - finished with the winner of the group

2023 seeded in the B - finished with the winner of the group

2024 - Seeded in the C group - Strange

Did you do any other races after last years 99er?

I gave away my entry but still got a number 😅

Weird thing is that number is pretty high although still in $ group, I don't think the guy I gave it away to qualify for that group but also I'm usually closer to single digits numbers. Who knows what's going with Finishtime's seeding, just hope they don't surprise me with CTCT seeding

Edited by Jbr

28 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I gave away my entry but still got a number 😅

Weird thing is that number is pretty high although still in $ group, I don't think the guy I gave it away to qualify for that group but also I'm usually closer to single digits numbers. Who knows what's going with Finishtime's seeding, just hope they don't surprise me with CTCT seeding

I sense another #justiceForJbr petition coming 🤣

In B…

see y’all inthe douches

16 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Mine is also lower than I expected, but possibly entries were high and the field could be stronger than usual. Past few years the 99er date clashed with nationals & some other big races, this year only Tankwa?

it used to clash with the first round of the WP XCO but that’s not massive numbers 

32 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

In B…

see y’all inthe douches

it used to clash with the first round of the WP XCO but that’s not massive numbers 

Some other big races as well, seem to recall national road championships as well but I am not going to dig in the archives now to find the names 🤣

8 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Some other big races as well, seem to recall national road championships as well but I am not going to dig in the archives now to find the names 🤣

I think it was a factor but the following weekend so many riders would have been in taper mode I guess

Reg was smooth. Lekker trap from parking area to the collection desk but no biggy. Greaful for the south collection point... saves a lot of stress on the morning.

15 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Heard there are 2000 entries on the long route, increase on last year. Very glad for the organisers and it would explain the lower seedings

That's impressive...

Glory days of road races coming back?

5 minutes ago, babse said:

That's impressive...

Glory days of road races coming back?

apparently CTCT also up on last year, but maybe a bit premature to claim glory days 🤣

7 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Rather interesting to hear the numbers are up yet the biking industry is taking major shots. It contradicts what's happening in the market.

Who's taking shots? It looks to me like it's booming judging the prices of new bikes, helmets, shoes etc...