99er Cycle Tour 2024

K20Champ

4 minutes ago, Rouxenator said:

This was my 10th 99er. Loved! I did the 100km last year on my 26er MTB. Today it was the 29er on some gravel.

Next year I hope they have an option that included the scenic Wintervogel road to Kalbaskraal. 

IMG_20240210_071941.jpg.de405403f51da1edecca36ef2598d6a8.jpgIMG_20240210_083240.jpg.03d669714745762ba8bfed95df2c7166.jpgIMG_20240210_091544_stitch_c.jpg.15cc3e6ed92661ee95b228024808f6bf.jpgIMG_20240210_093207.jpg.68d2f96708d77505effd13151efde3c6.jpgIMG_20240210_095151.jpg.d2debda84443461b6ca6a20bee5597e6.jpg

Excellent!!

The problem is getting route clearance and logistics to Windvogel....love the photos!!

Could you perhaps send the original sized images to operations@99er.co.za 🙏

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, NicholasH said:

Excellent!!

The problem is getting route clearance and logistics to Windvogel....love the photos!!

Could you perhaps send the original sized images to operations@99er.co.za 🙏

Will do. 

For those that have never ridden Wintervogel

2 hours ago, NicholasH said:

Hi

I was in direct communication with commissaires Shumeez Dollie at the time. She felt the entire peleton was at fault and thus her actions. She said she gave repeated warnings and has video footage. I am waiting for her race report. Unfortunately we are subject to them WP cycling and thus complaints or objections have to go straight to them. I can only apologize if you feel it was unfair. Sorry 😕

I do know said commissaire and she has been around for a while on the WP scene. 

Obviously they will be in a better position to make the call however it did seem very prem from within the group. If the break had stayed away, it would have likely caused a stir.

Having said that, there is no excuse for crossing the line.

Kudos to the bike marshalls for keeping us safe!

Edited by babse

12 minutes ago, peetwindhoek said:

I believe all riders need to be made aware that in non-road closure races, they are not allowed to cross the line. 

Hello 

I  don't there is a single cyclist who has done 1 race previously that DOES NOT know that....

However, maybe we can inform them at the start (again!)😁

28 minutes ago, peetwindhoek said:

I believe all riders need to be made aware that in non-road closure races, they are not allowed to cross the line. 

13 minutes ago, NicholasH said:

Hello 

I  don't there is a single cyclist who has done 1 race previously that DOES NOT know that....

However, maybe we can inform them at the start (again!)😁

It was fine till B merged with A. B was trapping so hard we were at worst 4 riders wide. After the merge A sat up and the kattejakke began. Everyone wanted to be at the front but not at the front so there is this continuous cycling along the right and it gets wider and suddenly we're Dutch. Its not going to change unless the motorbike commissaires actually disqualify riders on the spot

Edited by DieselnDust

6 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

It was fine till B merged with A. B was trapping so hard we were at worst 4 riders wide. After the merge A sat up and the kattejakke began. Everyone wanted to be at the front but not at the front so there is this continuous cycling along the right and it gets wider and suddenly we're Dutch. Its not going to change unless the motorbike commissaires actually disqualify riders on the spot

Agree, though it was also made worse by the angle of the headwind, the most sheltered spot was on the right

This was my 5th one and it has always been an event where you feel you got value for your money. Thanks and keep it up @NicholasH The Trilogy seemed popular. Might try it next year. I started later with a friend in one of the gravel groups and we rode together up to the split at Fisantekraal. I also dont mind the last bit through D’urbanvale. The finish up Odendaal is part of what makes it unique, although it used to go to the top. The gees there is great. You’ll lose that finishing in Adderley.

1 minute ago, MongooseMan said:

Agree, though it was also made worse by the angle of the headwind, the most sheltered spot was on the right

true, but lets be honest, no matter the headwind we end up on the right

2 minutes ago, MORNE said:

This was my 5th one and it has always been an event where you feel you got value for your money. Thanks and keep it up @NicholasH The Trilogy seemed popular. Might try it next year. I started later with a friend in one of the gravel groups and we rode together up to the split at Fisantekraal. I also dont mind the last bit through D’urbanvale. The finish up Odendaal is part of what makes it unique, although it used to go to the top. The gees there is great. You’ll lose that finishing in Adderley.

Have to agree.

From the moment you turn up Odendaal the crowd cheers you to the top.

99er2024-61.jpg.82706e54e3ae36a36e24de844e2b1921.jpg

99er2024-64.jpg.6b0e1f796e8245e83b47e5db22c70e94.jpg

If anything, this prevents the stupid sprints and accidents you so often see on a level finish

Group K (or at least part of group K) came in quicker, and you could see the previous group just up the road .... that must have gotten interesting ...

99er 2024-35.jpg

99er 2024-36.jpg

99er 2024-34.jpg