Reopen Koeberg Nature Reserve

sierrrd

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

I’m hoping they realise this system is nonsense and revert back to the old system

you do realise we're expecting much from the same people who brought us Load Shedding? I think we should count this concession as a win.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

you do realise we're expecting much from the same people who brought us Load Shedding? I think we should count this concession as a win.

Definitely a win yes ! For sure when you put it like this, I don't why I expected to just walk in, drop the paperwork and walk out with two cards, just like the tokai permits system 😅

The old system was just so much easier, you where checked each time you go by the guy at the gate, that issued a day permit. No problem.

13 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Definitely a win yes ! For sure when you put it like this, I don't why I expected to just walk in, drop the paperwork and walk out with two cards, just like the tokai permits system 😅

The old system was just so much easier, you where checked each time you go by the guy at the gate, that issued a day permit. No problem.

Ja, but Tokai is not as fancy. They can't deploy a national power crisis. That takes a certain level of ineptitude that is unrivalled anywhere else. The closest Tokai gets is to break arms. And thus they don't need a system as disfunctional.

• 2 weeks later...

A few questions for those that have been:

• Do kids need to apply for a permit?
  • If I understand from previous posts, one person can drop off the paperwork for the family, but all must be there to collect?

Thanks!

reading all this k@k I'm surprised you don't have to 'tree aan' in your step-outs before each ride.

After getting your permit, can you still access via the small access boom on the Melkbos/VanRiebeekstrand side or do you have to go in via main gate?

1 hour ago, Derren said:

A few questions for those that have been:

• Do kids need to apply for a permit?
  • If I understand from previous posts, one person can drop off the paperwork for the family, but all must be there to collect?

Thanks!

1. Kids don't need and can't get a permit. They just need to be with an adult who has one.
2. Correct, you need to be in person for collection because they take a selfie with you before handing it over.

52 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

reading all this k@k I'm surprised you don't have to 'tree aan' in your step-outs before each ride.

After getting your permit, can you still access via the small access boom on the Melkbos/VanRiebeekstrand side or do you have to go in via main gate?

The side entrance was blocked off when we went this weekend, used the main gate. Don't know if it's permanent or not.

has anyone been there recently ? is trafic still man to access the office ?

30 minutes ago, JasonS said:

1. Kids don't need and can't get a permit. They just need to be with an adult who has one.
2. Correct, you need to be in person for collection because they take a selfie with you before handing it over.

Thanks Jason !

1 hour ago, MTBeer said:

This bit will determine my willingness to get a permit. I ride from home up via VRS and if I can't access from there, there's no point.

They seem to have decided to open the permit office over weekends for application and collection for an unknown period.

They've been open the last 2 weekends at least - on Saturdays between 11 and 3pm.

You can call them on this number to check if they're open before heading out. 021 550 5716.

Edited by JasonS

1 hour ago, MTBeer said:

Can use any entry gate. Process was easy and a pleasant experience. Friendly staff and security. Took one day to get my permit from handing all my paperwork in by security.

16 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

This bit will determine my willingness to get a permit. I ride from home up via VRS and if I can't access from there, there's no point.

You can enter at any gate.

Hi Hubbers,

I must agree with Rusty.

Had a  pleasant experience dropping off my forms and then collected my permit the next day. Officials very helpful and friendly. The breathalyzer had me confused though😁

I was already on their system so did not have to wait for any other photo to be taken.

I went in the Duynefontein gate on Sunday and the guards were quick and pleasant.

12 minutes ago, Maddog 7 said:

Hi Hubbers,

I must agree with Rusty.

Had a  pleasant experience dropping off my forms and then collected my permit the next day. Officials very helpful and friendly. The breathalyzer had me confused though😁

I was already on their system so did not have to wait for any other photo to be taken.

I went in the Duynefontein gate on Sunday and the guards were quick and pleasant.

how was the wait at the gate to drop off the forms ? That's the main thing keeping me from going in the middle of a work day 

4 minutes ago, Jbr said:

how was the wait at the gate to drop off the forms ? That's the main thing keeping me from going in the middle of a work day 

You can go on a Saturday